• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Den City. I didn't even realize he tweeted that at Ayo as well. Congratulating a recruit on committing to another school before he has committed to that school, while using a twitter handle associated with one of the few wake sports blogs out there, must be some next level fan recruiting strategy I'm not aware of.

It doesn't matter and won't effect where Ayo goes, but it is lame as fuck.

Yes. It would have been incredibly lame if it were sent only to the Illinois blog. I would shake my head and probably not say anything. But the fact that it was also tweeted directly at Ayo less than 12 hours before his announcement is just incredibly poor judgement.

Please don't drag me into your ill-fitting analogy about some 1970's pickup basketball game. (Who the fuck plays to 15?)

This is what I agreed with, but you are incapable of being anything other than a dick. Even when I agree with you, your Pavlovian dickishness appears.

"Den City. I didn't even realize he tweeted that at Ayo as well. Congratulating a recruit on committing to another school before he has committed to that school, while using a twitter handle associated with one of the few wake sports blogs out there, must be some next level fan recruiting strategy I'm not aware of.

It doesn't matter and won't effect where Ayo goes, but it is lame as fuck."

Which would be the absolute correct response to Ayo choosing either school. Sending a passive aggressive tweet to a 17 year old congratulating him for a decision he hasn't announced yet seems a little different though, no?

On a serious note, my guess is that the tweet from the Illinois blog came up on TITSWF's timeline and he meant to tweet congrats to the blog and the reason it was on his feed was Ayo retweeted it.

This is my guess because TITSWF is fervently team "never tweet at recruits for any reason."

You can't last to 15? Or don't your games have enough players waiting not play to 21?

BTW, I "retired" about six years ago. Couldn't play in the A game any more. The other games aren't worth playing.

11 or 16 depending on numbers. Fucked up my knee two years ago and haven't played since unfortunately.

On a serious note, my guess is that the tweet from the Illinois blog came up on TITSWF's timeline and he meant to tweet congrats to the blog and the reason it was on his feed was Ayo retweeted it.

This is my guess because TITSWF is fervently team "never tweet at recruits for any reason."

Covfefe

You can't last to 15? Or don't your games have enough players waiting not play to 21?

BTW, I "retired" about six years ago. Couldn't play in the A game any more. The other games aren't worth playing.

So, you're Rusell Crowe from Mystery Alaska?

Fair enough. It's still a lame tweet.

Back to the #vibes then?

I guess he doesn’t feel that strongly about it. That was pretty IllinoisLoyalty, tbh.

I guess he doesn’t feel that strongly about it. That was pretty IllinoisLoyalty, tbh.

That's why I included the first part of the post? I doubt he saw that the reason it was on his own TL was Ayo retweeted it and he was intending to tweet at the blog. Primarily, I doubt he follows that random Illinois blog.

That's why I included the first part of the post? I doubt he saw that the reason it was on his own TL was Ayo retweeted it and he was intending to tweet at the blog. Primarily, I doubt he follows that random Illinois blog.
There are two major items Ayo and his family should consider today:

1. If the Illinois staff is advising them to hold the announcement at a retail store "tied to" a shoe manufacturer, I would give this a second thought. The timing does not look good based on the recent FBI announcements.

2. If the Illinois staff is involved at all in arranging the announcement this is an NCAA violation.

This is a solid possibility. Happened to me the other day responding to a Wake twitter account and it was sent to Ayo as well. Was definitely not a negative tweet, but same concept.

2. If the Illinois staff is involved at all in arranging the announcement this is an NCAA violation.

And a pretty obvious one, at that. That's such an obvious no-no that it doesn't make sense for any staff to do that for a recruit they know they've landed. No way the Illinois staff helped organize the announcement.

I assume by Illinois staff that beat writer meant someone from Jordan Brand who pays the recruits for Illinois at Underwood's direct orders

Back