• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Is there any doubt that to beat RJ at basketball you just sit there and dribble till he has a heart or asthma attack, whichever comes first.

Maybe CBs aren't dropping because everybody who is going to weigh in has already dropped their Illinois CB.

If anyone has proven they have the ability to woo an otherwise "lock" for another school, its Manning and his staff. They are excellent recruiters. But I agree, if we don't see any CB's drop in the next few hours, ILL appears to be a lock. One would think that both staffs know by now which way this thing is going. Many on the ILL side seem pretty confident based on their "insider knowledge".

+1 on it being dumb and sore (maybe) loser to tweet congrats at the other side before they've even won.

Also, seems ayo just retweets anything and everything about either school.

+1 on it being dumb and sore (maybe) loser to tweet congrats at the other side before they've even won.

Also, seems ayo just retweets anything and everything about either school.

But I haven't seen many Illini retweets other than about his visit. Maybe he's doing all that on IG.

Is there any doubt that to beat RJ at basketball you just sit there and dribble till he has a heart or asthma attack, whichever comes first.

At this point, I doubt I could play much full court, but I did play full court during parts of seven decades (the first one wasn't much but fun). I ended at a decent level.

RJ quit when his balls started hanging out the bottom of his basketball shorts.

I spent a good bit of time posting on the IL board before I was banned (I think all the bannings over here finally did me in), and several pretty level headed 'insiders' over there PMed me with great confidence that Ayo was going to Illinois and had decided a while back. Most of the info was coming from their inside 'sauces' but these weren't the Yahoo's that are posting the stupid stuff on the main board. I do think that board has a lot of similarities to ours. Obviously they are biased to their past success, and in a lot of ways we are as well. The large majority of their posters were respectful. They all feel as though they are getting Ayo. I think their insider that they trust the most put it at a 95% lock, and that was only because you can never be 100%.

I honestly don't feel as though this board will miss a beat if Ayo decides not to attend WFU. I certainly won't and I really want him to sign. We have a great thing building, and I would love for Ayo to be a part of it. If he chooses to stay in Illinois, I will wish him the best and feel a bit sorry for him. The situations between the schools are not comparable at this time and the right move is to choose Wake. Ayo is not a sure fire pro prospect at this point in his basketball development, and this is a big decision. He isn't a Simmons or a Fultz, or a Porter. His school and coaching decision could be a multi-million dollar decision. It is going to matter who develops him, and it is going to matter what his brand is.

Still hoping for the best. Should be fun.

I spent a good bit of time posting on the IL board before I was banned (I think all the bannings over here finally did me in), and several pretty level headed 'insiders' over there PMed me with great confidence that Ayo was going to Illinois and had decided a while back. Most of the info was coming from their inside 'sauces' but these weren't the Yahoo's that are posting the stupid stuff on the main board. I do think that board has a lot of similarities to ours. Obviously they are biased to their past success, and in a lot of ways we are as well. The large majority of their posters were respectful. They all feel as though they are getting Ayo. I think their insider that they trust the most put it at a 95% lock, and that was only because you can never be 100%.

I honestly don't feel as though this board will miss a beat if Ayo decides not to attend WFU. I certainly won't and I really want him to sign. We have a great thing building, and I would love for Ayo to be a part of it. If he chooses to stay in Illinois, I will wish him the best and feel a bit sorry for him. The situations between the schools are not comparable at this time and the right move is to choose Wake. Ayo is not a sure fire pro prospect at this point in his basketball development, and this is a big decision. He isn't a Simmons or a Fultz, or a Porter. His school and coaching decision could be a multi-million dollar decision. It is going to matter who develops him, and it is going to matter what his brand is.

I read many of your posts and you were always respectful and intelligent. I'm not shocked they banned you, though. ILL is the wrong choice for this kid for the reasons (and many more) you stated above. It is about his future and his development. Worst case, Wake ends up with a #11 recruiting class. This is a sentence I would never imagined to type 4+ years ago. GO DEACS!

I read many of your posts and you were always respectful and intelligent. I'm not shocked they banned you, though. ILL is the wrong choice for this kid for the reasons (and many more) you stated above. It is about his future and his development. Worst case, Wake ends up with a #11 recruiting class. This is a sentence I would never imagined to type 4+ years ago. GO DEACS!

Assuming you are basing this on the moment he announces where he is going vs. once all the recruiting classes are 100% completed nationally?

Well, we'll have to see where it all shakes out once all the remaining top guys commit - but regardless this is a historically good class Wake has pulled together.

If you got banned for those posts, this place would be a graveyard with those rules.

I think Wrangod should go over there as your replacement.

Back