• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Ah yes... the future holds so much p4omise until the ball bounces. So precious with your preseason top 11 of 13... or is that 15? 10? Tough to keep up with the big televenteen.

That's fair, after all not every team can get bounced in the first round of the NIT. Congrats on finishing tied for 100th last year!

Don't count on it. I'll save you the suspense. He's headed to ILL. Word leaked on our premium board during his visit, from one of the media members plugged in with the staff. Obviously they've been respectful and not shared on twitter or free boards to give the kid his moment. He's been headed to ILL all along. Manning did an admirable job, but once Xavier and Kansas were dropped it was a done deal and he just needed to keep one team around so he could play up an announcement. You won't believe me and you don't have to. You're welcome to think WF was in it to the end and it was close. But Ayo himself has been telling the people that are running our premium board he's coming to ILL for months. If you don't believe me, just wait until you see how fast after he commits that Scout publishes articles with direct quotes. He gave them interviews during his visit after he gave the staff is verbal on the first night.

See you guys Nov 28. Looking forward to notching a good win for the tourney resume, but considering you guys were barely a bubble team and got bounced immediately by Bruce Weber, I guess I'll have to wait until our game against Missouri to size our team up against some good competition!

TAB - please take care of this for us!

If this kid was going to Ill along it doesn’t make sense not to commit early. Would he not want to help bring some people in?

these PSF idiots hired an assistant coach to land a fringe all-american and are gloating about it. despite it being their only commit in 2018, losing most of their targets to iowa state and being projected in the fucking basement of the Big10.

I got an Ayo tweet about some sort of surprise, then he immediately deleted it. Anyone else see that?

I realize it means nothing, but was just curious if anyone read it before it disappeared

You'll see. Manning has recruited well, but that guy is a bum coach. Trust me, after watching five years of John Groce recruiting well to ILL and then finishing .500 in conference play, ILL fans know how to spot them. Anyway, enjoy the announcement show!

You'll see. Manning has recruited well, but that guy is a bum coach. Trust me, after watching five years of John Groce recruiting well to ILL and then finishing .500 in conference play, ILL fans know how to spot them. Anyway, enjoy the announcement show!
We had Jeff [Redacted]. You don't know own shit about bum coaches.

R 20 people there? Lord that is pathetic

these PSF idiots hired an assistant coach to land a fringe all-american and are gloating about it. despite it being their only commit in 2018, losing most of their targets to iowa state and being projected in the fucking basement of the Big10.

They didn't hire Coleman for Ayo. He was the AAU coach of the best program in Chicago. He's recruited the area for the last two programs he worked at. Ayo is not the reason. But keep thinking whatever you want, I really don't care. I'm gonna have so much fun beating you on your home court this year. Maybe then our idiot fans will stop talking about the stupid 2004 game!

Dude is wearing a black and gold backpack (friend just sent it to me). This is honestly a great troll job.

Yeah I’m sure the family has been getting huge pressure for their kid to attend Wake Forest.

Reading Is Fundamental - "hope fans will respect this pick" - challenge to IL fans to respect Ayo picking Wake.

Smiley face- joke...not likely

Don't count on it. I'll save you the suspense. He's headed to ILL. Word leaked on our premium board during his visit, from one of the media members plugged in with the staff. Obviously they've been respectful and not shared on twitter or free boards to give the kid his moment. He's been headed to ILL all along. Manning did an admirable job, but once Xavier and Kansas were dropped it was a done deal and he just needed to keep one team around so he could play up an announcement. You won't believe me and you don't have to. You're welcome to think WF was in it to the end and it was close. But Ayo himself has been telling the people that are running our premium board he's coming to ILL for months. If you don't believe me, just wait until you see how fast after he commits that Scout publishes articles with direct quotes. He gave them interviews during his visit after he gave the staff is verbal on the first night.

See you guys Nov 28. Looking forward to notching a good win for the tourney resume, but considering you guys were barely a bubble team and got bounced immediately by Bruce Weber, I guess I'll have to wait until our game against Missouri to size our team up against some good competition!

You sir, are a classy guy. Just like the rest of the "smart Illinois fans." Wherever ayo commits, I hope you sleep well at night knowing how much of a douche bag you are.

They didn't hire Coleman for Ayo. He was the AAU coach of the best program in Chicago. He's recruited the area for the last two programs he worked at. Ayo is not the reason. But keep thinking whatever you want, I really don't care. I'm gonna have so much fun beating you on your home court this year. Maybe then our idiot fans will stop talking about the stupid 2004 game!

well he sure as shit is doing a bang up job for all your other 2018 targets!

I will say that I’m not heart broken. I feel sorry for the kid making a bad choice. He just become irrelevant to College basketball

Back