• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

For all the recruiting addicts what would your dream classes be for 2019 and 2020? We could take up to 4 for 2019, and then depending on that class a total of 6 new guys by 2020. This is assuming no early attrition.

My 2019 class would be:
CG Justin Moore
Wing Wendell Moore
PF/C Omar Payne

Dream 2020:
CG Jaden Springer
PF Isaiah Todd
C Hunter Dickinson

Assuming a full 13 man roster, the team would have an average height of 6'7 and probably destroy everyone. I know its a dream, hence dream class. Given the current state of NCAA basketball, and if we were like NC State these two classes would probably cost us around $1.5-1.8 million dollars.

I'd prefer a 4 or 5 star PG in at least the 2019 class, if not both. I'm tired of combo guards masquerading as point guards.

I'd prefer a 4 or 5 star PG in at least the 2019 class, if not both. I'm tired of combo guards masquerading as point guards.

I totally agree...it's been awhile since we've had a Teague-like PG who can penetrate and dish almost at will. Craw has his moments but like you said, he's more of a combo guard. A Top 50-75 PG with some super-quick handles would be a really nice coup for Danny & Dolph and go a long way to cementing the future.

Please never call the legend "Dolph" ever again.

Please never call the legend "Dolph" ever again.

Haha, better than Randy. Just keepin' up with the millennials I spoz as I recall hearing some of the players refer to him as Coach Dolph last year.

If it means we're good and riding a positive wave of momentum and fun basketball, Imma gonna call him Dolph.

I totally agree...it's been awhile since we've had a Teague-like PG who can penetrate and dish almost at will. Craw has his moments but like you said, he's more of a combo guard. A Top 50-75 PG with some super-quick handles would be a really nice coup for Danny & Dolph and go a long way to cementing the future.

The only guy I can think of that is super quick with a pass first mentality is Ashton Hagans.

The Packline wasn’t Skip’s idea. It was the solution Dino and Kelsey came up with to fix our defense after Skip
died. Xavier was running it at the time, so they went there in addition to Bennett at Washington State to study it.

apetit hated the packline, if I remember correctly

The last 4 years under Prosser, WF's defense was rated:

2004 -- #102 (WF had the #1 offense!) This team had 1 future NBA player: CP3
2005 -- #89 (WF again had the #1 offense!) This team had 1 future NBA player: CP3
2006 -- #126 (WF had the #51 offense) This team had 0 future NBA players
2007 -- #108 (WF had the #109 offense) This team had 1 future NBA player: Ish as a frosh

When WF played the pack-line under Dino:

2008 -- #58 (WF had the #106 offense) This team had 3 future NBA players: Ish, Teague and James Johnson.
2009 -- #22 (WF had the #46 offense) This team had 4 future NBA players: Ish, Teague, Aminu and JJ.
2010 -- #29 (WF had the #106 offense) This team had 2 future NBA players Ish and Aminu.

Just for fun, the first year under []:

2011: WF had the #282 D and the #229 O and WF had zero future NBA players.

Last edited:
The last 3 years under Prosser, WF's defense was rated:

2004 -- #102 (WF had the #1 offense!) This team had 1 future NBA player: CP3
2005 -- #89 (WF again had the #1 offense!) This team had 1 future NBA player: CP3
2006 -- #126 (WF had the #51 offense) This team had 0 future NBA players
2007 -- #108 (WF had the #109 offense) This team had 1 future NBA player: Ish as a frosh

When WF played the pack-line under Dino:

2008 -- #58 (WF had the #106 offense) This team had 3 future NBA players: Ish, Teague and James Johnson.
2009 -- #22 (WF had the #46 offense) This team had 4 future NBA players: Ish, Teague, Aminu and JJ.
2010 -- #29 (WF had the #106 offense) This team had 2 future NBA players Ish and Aminu.

Just for fun, the first year under []:

2011: WF had the #282 D and the #229 O and WF had zero future NBA players.

And the irony is that [redacted] is getting praised for the Rockets' defense.

I just watched a bunch of mix tapes of Hoard, Mucius, and Chaundee Brown.

I can't explain how excited I am for us to have Hoard on the court... Haven't had a player like him in a long time.

Mucius looks like he can help immediately at the 3... But he's going to need to put on some weight to reach his potential.

Put another way, a lineup of Crawford/Brown/Mucius/Hoard/Moore makes my pants a little tight.

Now we just need some good news for 2019... Would like a PG & a big.

There... We're back on track in the recruiting thread.

Don't sleep on Sarr starting...also having Mucius off the bench gives us a lot of latitude.

Back