• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Last edited:
RE: the PG - Is he going to take minutes from Brandon? If Key comes back there are zero minutes at guard available unless the guy is much better than his ranking. At 6'0, I pray neither he nor Brandon will play any minutes at SG.

Before committing to UCONN, he had a ton of offers. Since he’s reopened his recruitment, he’s had a number of new suitors.

I’ll be shocked if he chooses Wake, but this isn’t some random last minute reach.

A new transfer to look at. Ole buddy played with Hoard and Childress. Averaged 16 a game as a freshmen.
https://247sports.com/player/david-caraher-77347

We had interest in Caraher, iirc. I'm not sure why he ultimately ended up at Houston Baptist (and they are as low major as they come, competition-wise), but those numbers are impressive for a freshman combo-forward. I would take him in a second.

We had interest in Caraher, iirc. I'm not sure why he ultimately ended up at Houston Baptist (and they are as low major as they come, competition-wise), but those numbers are impressive for a freshman combo-forward. I would take him in a second.

According to the info, he got a good look (in home visit) from VA. He was committed to Butler for most of the recruiting cycle, then decommitted there and committed to Houston Baptist in a two week span. The write up about the camp lists Wake, VA,and Clemson as three ACC schools recruiting him. There were also multiple mid majors in the mix.

Let's have some context to his scoring:

19 vs. Providence
12 vs. VT
10 vs. OK ST
6 vs Michigan State
7 vs Vandy

9/27 three point shooting

He'd have to sit out a year.

lol looks like a less athletic mike drum

It looked like a mediocre high school league. I was hoping to see a poor man's Austin Arians. He couldn't even dunk on a fast break and is very slow. He has a nice shot, but could he get it off in the ACC? His 73.6% FT shooting doesn't bode well. Don't know who he could cover.

Pass...

Let's have some context to his scoring:

19 vs. Providence
12 vs. VT
10 vs. OK ST
6 vs Michigan State
7 vs Vandy

9/27 three point shooting

He'd have to sit out a year.

In December of his freshman year? Those are pretty good numbers.

Yeah, I'm gonna say pass on that one. Looks like he is skilled but not near athletic enough for ACC.

It looked like a mediocre high school league. I was hoping to see a poor man's Austin Arians. He couldn't even dunk on a fast break and is very slow. He has a nice shot, but could he get it off in the ACC? His 73.6% FT shooting doesn't bode well. Don't know who he could cover.

Pass...

RJ, that is a high school league. Perhaps you may have noted Jaylen Hoard on the court? If not, then Brandon Childress? High Point Wesleyan plays the best teams in the country.

RJ, that is a high school league. Perhaps you may have noted Jaylen Hoard on the court? If not, then Brandon Childress? High Point Wesleyan plays the best teams in the country.

My bad, I saw the title (had sound off) and thought it was his frosh year. But it doesn't change that he's slow.

My bad, I saw the title (had sound off) and thought it was his frosh year. But it doesn't change that he's slow.

why do you stilk try to contribute to basketball conversations? you dont know shit aboit this sport

why do you stilk try to contribute to basketball conversations? you dont know shit aboit this sport

I think all us us would prefer just straight forward opinion of recruiting and not petty, cheap criticism of other posters. I know many people who have left the board after many years from comments like this one. I agree, RJ can flame with the best of them but, I have read his posts for years and he does know more than "shit". You, on the other hand.... I rest my case. Until you have more to offer than petty rants please go troll the Tar Heel board (and check your spelling).

I think all us us would prefer just straight forward opinion of recruiting and not petty, cheap criticism of other posters. I know many people who have left the board after many years from comments like this one. I agree, RJ can flame with the best of them but, I have read his posts for years and he does know more than "shit". You, on the other hand.... I rest my case. Until you have more to offer than petty rants please go troll the Tar Heel board (and check your spelling).

ouch-gif-21.gif

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

According to the info, he got a good look (in home visit) from VA. He was committed to Butler for most of the recruiting cycle, then decommitted there and committed to Houston Baptist in a two week span. The write up about the camp lists Wake, VA,and Clemson as three ACC schools recruiting him. There were also multiple mid majors in the mix.

I seem to recall that the Butler decommitment was not his choice. Not sure if they had someone else commit and take his scholarship or just cooled on him.

I was watching a good deal of WCA BBall games back then and my impression was that I didn't think he was athletic enough to play in the ACC. Less athletic than Michael Buckland(#5 on the video), who just finished his career at Lipscomb. A very good shooter, though.

Last edited:
Back