• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

We had interest in Caraher, iirc. I'm not sure why he ultimately ended up at Houston Baptist (and they are as low major as they come, competition-wise), but those numbers are impressive for a freshman combo-forward. I would take him in a second.

This is exactly what Danny Manning needs to improve his defense.

Just watched the Caraher video and I can't stop chuckling about RJ's commentary.

I mean, the uniforms say Wesleyan on them... A high school we should all be VERY familiar with. And then, to top it off, there are a few clips of Childress passing him the ball.

Agree that he's probably not an ACC player, but those are impressive stats for a freshman (even at a terrible low major school). Also, he had to be a sophomore/junior in HS in a lot of those clips... Probably not fair to judge him as a potential transfer on that.

Just watched the Caraher video and I can't stop chuckling about RJ's commentary.

I mean, the uniforms say Wesleyan on them... A high school we should all be VERY familiar with. And then, to top it off, there are a few clips of Childress passing him the ball.

Agree that he's probably not an ACC player, but those are impressive stats for a freshman (even at a terrible low major school). Also, he had to be a sophomore/junior in HS in a lot of those clips... Probably not fair to judge him as a potential transfer on that.

This is a good point, I never saw him play his Sr year, either.

Grad Transfer Tariq Owens listing Maryland as a favorite right now. Not sure why we wouldn't get involved as he is better than Manuel or Lorng would be next year. Perhaps DM knows he has no traction with any 4/5s in 2019, which sucks because we should be able to pull in someone like a Tre Mitchell who is just outside of the top 100. Also would love Omar Payne, but that would require Chaundee to be giving good feedback about being here, and Im not sure what he is saying to his old AAU friend.

On another note, Okeke has been a nice preferred walk-on and I'd like to see Danny give that type of offer to a guy just down the street. Brendan Palmer, 6'5 point guard from Forsyth Country Day would be a nice addition as a guy who isn't ACC scholarship material, but could add value to the program: https://youtu.be/-e5WLwNBHmg

I focused on him, not the other guys. Given the fact that I had the sound off and the title page, it wouldn't have occurred to me that it was from HS.

He was one of the worst defensive players on one of the worst defensive teams in the country. Hard pass.

He was one of the worst defensive players on one of the worst defensive teams in the country. Hard pass.

Oh come on. Don't sell him short. I bet with a little effort, he could be the worst defender on the worst defensive team in the country at MSD too.

Last edited:
He's up against Ayo. That'll make for some fun board material.

Chaundee played in the first Iverson Classic last year.

Manning needs to find a grad transfer shooter. Woods is gone.

Back