• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

2nbrpf6.gif

2qsuzw1.gif

Last edited:
Most likely, he'll be 6th/7th man. When was the last time we had a guy coming off the bench with this much athleticism?

We aren't losing Moore. Doral will not get drafted this year.

Of course, you and many others here want us to suck next year for you to be proven "right".

He hasn't signed an agent. The way this is going makes it look like Danny and Chill had some input in it. Neither player signed with an agent.

I don't think we can just declare we won't lose Moore definitively. It doesn't make any sense for him to leave really. If he wants to learn more for another year, there is really no better place to be than where he is at. He may not want to hear that today, but it is the truth.

So far, everything has gone has predicted. Woods was honored on Senior night and he left the program - or is leaving after graduating. The Don Mitchell departure was a surprise, but the fact that no other shoe in the transfer department has happened is good news for those worried about Melo leaving.

Most likely we are looking at a starting 5 of: Moore, Sarr, Hoard, Brown, Craw. That starting 5 rocks and has just one frosh in it. I would think Mucius would likely be the 2nd guy off the bench after Chill. If Craw leaves, which is possible, then I really hope Lewis is ready to go backing up Chill.

Regardless, onus is on Manning to deliver an NCAA tourney team with this group w or without Craw.

Next year is a far superior year for Doral to go pro. There are very few true centers coming out next year. With some improvement, he could be in the Top 5-7 centers next year. This year has a lot more bigs.

For him to choose this year, would mean he is getting terrible information.

Even without Crawford, we have a junior PG who has had plenty of playing time. No youth excuse.

We aren't losing Moore. Doral will not get drafted this year.

Of course, you and many others here want us to suck next year for you to be proven "right".

RJ, no one wants us to suck, some of us are very worried that we will have yet another year of suckitude.

Nice late addition edit here. Of course it could not be further from the truth. I actually live in W-S and would prefer to watch a good team win a lot of games in my favorite sport. That being said, the past 8 years of basketball here are a joke. I along with many others are waiting for a sign that this program has turned it around. And to get back on recruiting, what good news are we hearing about 2019?

I agree with you, though PG depth will be real thin if Crawford leaves.

Yeah but a junior and freshman at PG with a combo is hardly unusual.

Why are people hyped over this video? In an all-star game he showed he can dunk ... wow. He also had a nice push off for the layup. Melo is athletic too, and his jumper looks like when the disabled student-manager checks in for the last game of the JV season. Takes a lot more than dunking to be good in the ACC. Kid is rail thin, and I'm not saying he won't be good down the line, but Mucius is not some instant impact player who will make a difference in ACC games. Give him time, but don't expect to be wow'd by his stats year 1.
False

You obviously don't have an eye for mixtapes

Why are people hyped over this video? In an all-star game he showed he can dunk ... wow. He also had a nice push off for the layup. Melo is athletic too, and his jumper looks like when the disabled student-manager checks in for the last game of the JV season. Takes a lot more than dunking to be good in the ACC. Kid is rail thin, and I'm not saying he won't be good down the line, but Mucius is not some instant impact player who will make a difference in ACC games. Give him time, but don't expect to be wow'd by his stats year 1.

I think people are hyped over Mucius in general - not just from this video.

In this post you were: 1) Negative about an incoming top-100 recruit. You have ZERO clue how much of an impact Zeke will have...No one does until they take the court. Example - "He also had a nice push off for a layup" "why are people hyped about this video". 2) you Insulted a current player by saying "his jumper looks like when the disabled student-manager checks in for the last game of the JV season". 3) continued to ignore the fact that Hoard/Mucius/Wright/Lewis will be addition by subtraction when replacing Wilbekin and Woods.

I get it that Danny was awful on the sidelines this year but RJ isn't far off. You strike me as the self fulfilling prophecy type that hopes we have massive turnover and lose Craw/Moore so you can say "told you so".

As mentioned, it's going to be a long off season. Let this things play out.

"Maryland grad transfer Dion Wiley told ESPN he has heard from Georgia, Wake Forest, UAB and New Mexico State. Will visit South Alabama this week." From Jeff Goodman.

Yes, please. Would be immediately eligible. Former top 50 recruit with injuries over his career but big guard who can shoot it.

"Maryland grad transfer Dion Wiley told ESPN he has heard from Georgia, Wake Forest, UAB and New Mexico State. Will visit South Alabama this week." From Jeff Goodman.

Yes, please. Would be immediately eligible. Former top 50 recruit with injuries over his career but big guard who can shoot it.

Excels at not committing fouls.

Back