• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I really think most of you are missing the point, without all of this garbage we would not have had enough players to practice, unless of course we want to follow the movie Hoosiers.

This is the part that’s most disturbing. I’ve been #Manningout for a while now, but that doesn’t cloud any of the realities facing our program. We’ve gone from promising to irrelevant in a shockingly short amount of time (2009 until now would be my take) and sure, Manning inherited a difficult situation.

With that said, we are handing out scholarships to less than ideal candidates and brining in nine new people in the fifth year of a rebuild. At one point, there was a spirited debate on here about why top players like traditional bigs would go to a school like Duke, where they typically underperform and don’t develop like they could, or UNC/Kansas/Kentucky where there are two other top players jockeying for PT. The debate came down to a player/family wanting to be in a situation where they’re mentored by a storied big man turned coach versus going to a program that didn’t have that pedigree. The reality is that kids want to play for a winning program and get exposure on good teams. Nobody wants to be the tallest midget.

We have dug ourselves the worst kind of hole. Winning breeds winning and losing does the same. And whoever takes over next is going to have a hell of a time turning this thing around. And the ability for Manning to be that guy is slipping away barring some miracle season or deep run in the ACCT or NCAAT. I’d like to be blindly optimistic like some here, but I’m just not seeing how this is going to work out next year or the ones after that. IMHO, it’s time to burn it to the ground and start over.

This is the part that’s most disturbing. I’ve been #Manningout for a while now, but that doesn’t cloud any of the realities facing our program. We’ve gone from promising to irrelevant in a shockingly short amount of time (2009 until now would be my take) and sure, Manning inherited a difficult situation.

With that said, we are handing out scholarships to less than ideal candidates and brining in nine new people in the fifth year of a rebuild. At one point, there was a spirited debate on here about why top players like traditional bigs would go to a school like Duke, where they typically underperform and don’t develop like they could, or UNC/Kansas/Kentucky where there are two other top players jockeying for PT. The debate came down to a player/family wanting to be in a situation where they’re mentored by a storied big man turned coach versus going to a program that didn’t have that pedigree. The reality is that kids want to play for a winning program and get exposure on good teams. Nobody wants to be the tallest midget.

We have dug ourselves the worst kind of hole. Winning breeds winning and losing does the same. And whoever takes over next is going to have a hell of a time turning this thing around. And the ability for Manning to be that guy is slipping away barring some miracle season or deep run in the ACCT or NCAAT. I’d like to be blindly optimistic like some here, but I’m just not seeing how this is going to work out next year or the ones after that. IMHO, it’s time to burn it to the ground and start over.
MISERABLE FAN!!

Well if every page of a recruiting thread is going to turn into nothing more than a Manning and any players he gets whine fest, ( whether one supports him staying or not) why bother to have one? Oh that's right, this has bcome the Ph thread, sorry forgot. From now on in this recruiting thread I will post only any recruiting info I get lucky enough to come upon or on a post where someone else did.

Thank you, sportsnut. This thread is to talk about recruits and the future of Wake basketball (what I've been doing). This thread is NOT to talk about random posters from Florida (what you've been doing).

Well, you did call him an enabler....

Yeah. He was criticizing a random poster from Florida instead of talking about recruits and the future of Wake basketball.

Very true. State could see a big regression next year with the losses of Yurt and Freeman (I think freeman was a grad transfer?). It will be interesting to how Keatts performs the next couple years. They have a pretty good class coming in.

Keatts will have more new scholarship players eligible this year than Wake. I count 4 transfers and 4 freshmen.

They’ll look different, but he’s got a lot of talent to work with.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

We are in the same place. We are Wake basketball fans.

We are not in the same place. Life is what you make it. I can be disappointed with where we are as a program and not make it my life’s duty to remind the world of my disappointment with every word I write. I can even be disappointed with where we are and still have excitement over the upcoming year.

Two people on the beach. One is complaining about the sand and the heat and the other is building sandcastles. Same location, completely different realities.

We stunk last year. Danny has a year to figure it out and make the tourney or there won’t be a soul on this board willing to stand with him. I’m just so tired of every single daily piece of news being shredded into some harbinger of Manning destroying our program. [Redacted] tanked the program. Our current staff is actually working really hard to bring it back. They may fail to do so, but they don’t deserve the backlash that many on these boards give them.

“Manning signed 2 preferred walkons! We suck!”

“We don’t have anyone signed for 2019 yet! We suck!”

“We signed a Postgrad that is a big man that played for an NCAA tournament team last year and fills a need, but we still suck!”

“Manning looks disinterested, he sucks!”

“We have transfers, Manning must suck! I wish we had Keats! (Er....NC States best pro prospect just transferred out after his sophomore year to sit a year and then play for someone else....)

“We offered a top 50 player for 2019, haha, we suck so bad he will never sign here!”

We all get it, there is a lot of dissatisfaction with Manning and our staff. I don’t think we need hourly reminders.

Last edited:
We are not in the same place. Life is what you make it. I can be disappointed with where we are as a program and not make it my life’s duty to remind the world of my disappointment with every word I write. I can even be disappointed with where we are and still have excitement over the upcoming year.

Two people on the beach. One is complaining about the sand and the heat and the other is building sandcastles. Same location, completely different realities.

We stunk last year. Danny has a year to figure it out and make the tourney or there won’t be a soul on this board willing to stand with him. I’m just so tired of every single daily piece of news being shredded into some harbinger of Manning destroying our program. [Redacted] tanked the program. Our current staff is actually working really hard to bring it back. They may fail to do so, but they don’t deserve the backlash that many on these boards give them.

“We signed a Postgrad that is a big man that played for an NCAA tournament team last year and fills a need, but we still suck!”

“We have transfers, Manning must suck! I wish we had Keats! (Er....NC States best pro prospect just transferred out after his sophomore year to sit a year and then play for someone else....)

“We offered a top 50 player for 2019, haha, we suck so bad he will never sign here!”

We all get it, there is a lot of dissatisfaction with Manning and our staff. I don’t think we need hourly reminders.

Agreed, 100%. Spot on.

Better beach example. Two people on the beach, one wants to apply sunscreen to avoided a bad sun burn. The other wants to give it a couple more hours to see if they actually will get burned before trying to fix the problem.

Better beach example. Two people on the beach, one wants to apply sunscreen to avoided a bad sun burn. The other wants to give it a couple more hours to see if they actually will get burned before trying to fix the problem.

Not a better example since we don't have control whether or not we get burned.

All of this.

+ the criticisms that some make that are absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to criticize the staff, at least criticize them for something that actually makes sense - of which there are plenty. Not "wow we suck we made announcements for preferred walk ons" or my personal favorite of late "Even if Sarr made a Doral-like leap and Hoard had a Collins-like year, we still wouldn't win more than 18 games." :tard::tard::tard:

I am not sure this Board is ready to take the Miller Analogies Test.

I see Wrangor's point. It is not at all helpful to our program to keep piling on at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah. He was criticizing a random poster from Florida instead of talking about recruits and the future of Wake basketball.

I like how you're actually that person from Florida. Funny way to keep phrasing it.

so there's too much negativity on a WFU sports message board that was literally created because there was nowhere else to vent during the Bzaster era?

who woulda thunk it

Back