• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Why would Craw wait until the last day to "decide" to keep his name in. Is that normal? FTR, I had on good faith he was leaving since this time last year but I started clinging onto some hope that he may return given this whole timeline.

Let B Chill run the point...I'm good with that. Just need 1 guy to step up as a backup.

Isn't the date June 11?

June 11
NBA Draft Early Entry Entrant Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/23/2018-nba-draft-important-dates-know
That is the NBA's deadline to withdraw, which is used to determine a player's future draft eligibility (I believe the NBA only allows a player to enter one draft, i.e. undrafted players are not allowed to re-enter it next year) and sets the list of draftable players so that teams can finalize draft preparations.

The NCAA has their own deadline of May 30th.

Last edited:
Projected starting lineup?

Chill
Johnson
Brown
Hoard
Sarr

Hoped for:

Crawf
Brown
Woods
Hoard
Moore

It would be incredible (in the worst sense of the word) if Wake had two underclassmen leave early to play pro ball in the Ukraine. Crawford makes such a big difference for next year's team, and in a lot of ways WFU's immediate future. His return will play a large role in the success in our 2020 recruiting class regardless of who is our coach.

Crawford will most likely keep his name in the draft. Also Richard Washington has not announced a decision on where he is going
How confident are you?

If Crawford is gone, oh my. This season is gonna be a complete stinker.

How confident are you?

If Crawford is gone, oh my. This season is gonna be a complete stinker.

He could be doing us a favor if the stinker year leads to Manning getting canned.

the two most important recruiting jobs for the staff over the last two months were Doral Moore and Bryant Crawford

I miss two months ago when declaring for the draft was the "smart" thing to do and something our forward thinking coach surely advised Craw and Moore to do in order to know how they needed to improve their game. Back when it wasn't an indicator of a massive dumpster fire. Those were the days.

Declaring is smart. Staying in when you aren't a top 100 pick is not. If Crawford leaves, Manning is going to have a tough time keeping his job, because it will be tough to make the tournament without him. I still think with Crawford we have an outside shot (with Moore and Crawford I think would win 20+), but if your senior starting PG and center both leave it doesn't really matter if they are making awful decisions, its on the coach to either teach them, coach them, or develop a relationship with them that is close enough to keep them from jumping off a cliff (and in the process throwing their teammates season over the cliff with them).

Almost mind boggling, but so very much Wake Forest Basketball over the past decade that we might have 2 seniors leave early to play in the D-League. :tard:

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the 18-19 season, the results should determine Manning's fate. At this point he has been given enough time to build his program (2 years to clean up [Redacted]'s mess and three years to build his talent). I love the 17 and I love the 18 recruiting classes, but the loss of BC and DM will make winning a herculean task.

Last edited:
Ginormous dumpster fire. Can anyone actually recall a BCS team losing 2 potential all-ACC players early to draft that aren't even expected to go in the first 2 rounds???? Along with multiple transfers of more than serviceable quality ACC players to other teams??? If you were told the circumstances you would almost immediately guess a coach was fired or else a team was being banned from tourneys/schollys.

What an absolute mess of a disaster. Good thing we have all the news of preferred walk ons coming in as that will surely save the day????

I miss two months ago when declaring for the draft was the "smart" thing to do and something our forward thinking coach surely advised Craw and Moore to do in order to know how they needed to improve their game. Back when it wasn't an indicator of a massive dumpster fire. Those were the days.

this

Ginormous dumpster fire. Can anyone actually recall a BCS team losing 2 potential all-ACC players early to draft that aren't even expected to go in the first 2 rounds???? Along with multiple transfers of more than serviceable quality ACC players to other teams??? If you were told the circumstances you would almost immediately guess a coach was fired or else a team was being banned from tourneys/schollys.

What an absolute mess of a disaster. Good thing we have all the news of preferred walk ons coming in as that will surely save the day????

The last team I can remember is UVa after Bennett's first year. They lost Landesberg, who was a great college player and Mike Scott, who was not projected to get drafted. Scott ended up getting drafted in the middle of the 2nd round, but Landesberg didn't and left for Europe. Scott was always a potential NBA player though ( compared to our guys, which I don't think really are). Landesberg may have been suspended for academic reasons, which sort of explains his departure as well.

But it is def. not a good look. I do think Crawford will make good money overseas possibly next season. He's got the right body for some of those leagues when he goes.

I'd take first five if it's SJM - especially if you switched out Johnson for Mucius and moved Brown up to the 2. If it's Moore over SJM it may be a wash.

Back