• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I understand your silliness, but one group is filled with scrubs.

I understand your silliness, but one group is filled with scrubs.
So losing all of those scrubs should be no big deal, right? Could easily be top 25 preseason, right?

not sure which group is "filled with scrubs", but one group constituted more than half of points, rebounds, assists, and blocks for WF last year

So losing all of those scrubs should be no big deal, right? Could easily be top 25 preseason, right?

With all the players, we could have been close to Top 25. But discussing basketball with you is like discussing nuclear physics with me. However, there is one difference. I admit I know nothing about nuclear physics.

Says the guy who said being 125th (125!!!!) in defense would've hurt our offense.

Bless your heart.

Ginormous dumpster fire. Can anyone actually recall a BCS team losing 2 potential all-ACC players early to draft that aren't even expected to go in the first 2 rounds???? Along with multiple transfers of more than serviceable quality ACC players to other teams??? If you were told the circumstances you would almost immediately guess a coach was fired or else a team was being banned from tourneys/schollys.

What an absolute mess of a disaster. Good thing we have all the news of preferred walk ons coming in as that will surely save the day????

Something truly unfortunate about our program and Manning. He runs an impeccably clean operation but we get no credit for that, and in fact it feels like we have penalties and loss of scholarships with our scrambling to make up a decent roster.

Roanoke is definitely part of SWVA. It's not well connected to Gate City which is a Kingsport suburb. And it's three hours.

And Skip Brown's from Kingsport (yes, that was decades ago).

But yeah, the talent in TN is in Memphis, not the NE border with Tennessee.

From a sports viewpoint, Roanoke is not part of SwVA. The Great Southwest has almost exclusively Single A size schools. Between Skip Brown and Josh Shoemaker, Derrick Hord is the only high major MBB recruit who I can recall (and he was on the TN side). Football is a slightly different story with Jason Witten and Heath Miller being local guys who made good recently.

Les Johns reporting Crawford will hire an agent. Not a good look for the head coach when his players are leaving early to take whatever money they can get overseas or in the G-League.

Crawford made it pretty clear to folks aroubd the program at the end pf last season that he wasnt coming back senior year. I would be shocked if this came as any surprise to anyone on the coaching staff. Additionally, Craw had a piss poor attitude and played hero ball for the better part of last season. We wont have a ton of talent next year but i guarantee youll see team ball being played again.

None of this changes things with where we are with Danny. He has his back against the wall abd will need to make a miracle happen to retain his job.

Of course it changes things. The same people who made excuses because of Collins will give Manning excuses for Crawford and Moore as if a big part of his job isn’t keeping his best players.

Of course it changes things. The same people who made excuses because of Collins will give Manning excuses for Crawford and Moore as if a big part of his job isn’t keeping his best players.

One of those left because he was a sure first rounder. The others left despite not even being second rounders. Not comparable at all, though maybe someone will make that argument.

If not for the continual negative news, this would be a very positive thread.

Ok, NOW we'll get an elite grad transfer. Clearly we were just waiting for Crawford to make it official before trying for real.

Back