• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

No need to worry about the glut of small forwards. It is part of Manning’s recruit to transfer pipeline he wants to keep flowing for those that aren’t up to snuff.

there used to be a tag on this thread: "!sweet16willshutmouths"

its not here any more

No. He did not enroll.
Doesn't matter. He signed a LOI with an ACC school so he'd have to sit out if he chooses another school unless he can get a hardship waiver, which requires that he "must demonstrate objective evidencethat proves the student-athlete’s extraordinary personal hardship merits a waiver of thenormal application of the policy."

That would actually be a solid start to what would technically be the 2019 class, if he had to sit out.

This is perfect and a big recruiting get by the hardest working staff in the ACC to get a 4 STAR on campus. In YOUR face NC State!!

That would actually be a solid start to what would technically be the 2019 class, if he had to sit out.

Actually true. I get everyone is down on everything, and rightfully so, but getting Bey and him being available for four years starting in 2019 would be a very good thing considering the outlook for our 2019 recruiting class (assuming he stays if Manning is canned).

Actually true. I get everyone is down on everything, and rightfully so, but getting Bey and him being available for four years starting in 2019 would be a very good thing considering the outlook for our 2019 recruiting class (assuming he stays if Manning is canned).
He'd have to stay at least until he graduates since he would have already used up his red shirt year. Or, maybe he'd just declare for the draft...

yeah nothing is good about this...we are taking nc state rejects...its a sad sad day

He might be able to red-shirt to keep 4 years of eligibility but it sure seems like the ACC penalizes a player with a loss of a year of eligibility for transferring intra-conference or at the least, the ACC is pretty awful at writing/explaining their bylaws.

"An individual receiving a mutual releaseper Item 5 of the National Letter of Intent may not represent another ACC institution inintercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one full academicyear at the latter ACC institution and shall be charged with the loss of one season ofeligibility in all sports."

Along those lines, a previous paragraph regarding transfers of current players, the bylaws state that the requirement of sitting out a year "shall count as one of the student-athlete’s four (4) permissibleseasons of competition permitted under NCAA legislation."

Last edited:
He'd have to stay at least until he graduates since he would have already used up his red shirt year. Or, maybe he'd just declare for the draft...

Yeah given Manning’s track record that may not be likely, but having a 4* SF on your roster (especially if Hoard ends up being one and done) is not a bad thing. Aka getting a commitment from him is better than not getting a commitment from him and getting a dud 2019 class.

Plus, I’m not sure of how exactly it works but if he does have to sit out next season that may deter him from transferring if Manning is fired after next season? Who knows.

Really? Take a look at the schedules and you'll see that schools east of I-77 rarely venture more than one county over.

So, you define SW Virginia for sports purposes as west of I-77? That's fucking laughable.

The area west of I-77 is called Far Southwest Virginia - "where exactly is Far Southwest Virginia? It is the region of Virginia west of I-77 as it cuts north-south through Virginia between West Virginia and North Carolina. " https://blog.virginia.org/2017/06/insiders-guide-southwest-virginia/

Last edited:
Compared to other recent bball news, getting a commitment from a 4 star would be pretty positive. Not sure we need another small forward, however.

I'm not sure we should assume any Wake player at any position will still be here when some recruit arrives. Chances are, we'll have a hole or 10 to fill.

We’ve spent the last 20 posts of our recruiting thread arguing about the geography of Southwest Virginia, degrading a four-star recruit, and trashing our coach. Who wouldn’t want to come to Wake??

We’ve spent the last 20 posts of our recruiting thread arguing about the geography of Southwest Virginia, degrading a four-star recruit, and trashing our coach. Who wouldn’t want to come to Wake??

A “recruits read the boards!!!!!!!!1111” post was almost inevitable

Any player smart enough to check our results under Manning?

Has nothing to do with recruits reading the board. It has to do with how miserable you guys make this thread.
Uh, no, you specifically implied that those things would cause players to not come to Wake.

Has nothing to do with recruits reading the board. It has to do with how miserable you guys make this thread.

Check out the Wake Football recruiting thread. Mostly the same posters. It’s not miserable. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out why.

Back