• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

If he has to sit out a year, I'm not sure why he'd even look at another ACC school. If he also loses a year of eligibility, it would be moronic to stay in conference. There must be at least a chance he could get a waiver.

I agree. Seems unlikely he would choose Wake simply because he'd have to sit out a year. If he wanted to get a release from NCSU because he was recruited over and wouldn't get much playing time, I'm not sure why he would choose a program where he'd have to sit out a full year to see the court at all.

Would love to be wrong because we aren't in a position to turn away a 4-star recruit, but it seems unlikely he comes to Wake.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Grad Transfers Ikenna Smart and Torry Johnson to Wake!

Correct. It is an ACC rule and he'd have to show some hardship to have it waived. An ACC review board would rule on the hardship request. Not sure how stringent they are on granting waivers.

Can it be our hardship that is demonstrated for the waiver?

It looks like Danny is about to beat Cal out for Stanford grad transfer Reid Travis (19.5/8.7). Piece of cake!

It looks like Danny is about to beat Cal out for Stanford grad transfer Reid Travis (19.5/8.7). Piece of cake!

Besides the fact that every article posted today lists Kentucky as the leader and Nova in 2nd place, with no mention of Wake, what makes you think that?

There are two parts of my post that should be giveaways- #1 -beating out KY for the #1 grad transfer is kind of ludicrous on its face; #2 - do you think ending with "piece of cake" should be easy to see through?

There are two parts of my post that should be giveaways- #1 -beating out KY for the #1 grad transfer is kind of ludicrous on its face; #2 - do you think ending with "piece of cake" should be easy to see through?
Why do you lie?111!!??

Cal would normally be short for univ of California particularly when the transfer is from Stanford.

Stan and cal are close

:golfclap:

When you have to settle for playing basketball for Danny Manning at Wake Forest, the hardship waiver basically just writes itself.

Per twitter, Lorng was invited to the French U20 tryouts. One of only 16 players invited.

CatuDeac (from the Scout era) seemingly implied or at least believes it is possible that Lorng still has something to do to fully qualify for Wake.

He's unlisted in the MBB Twitter account's list of new jersey numbers:

Back