• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

So Lorng isn’t coming to WF??

If Lorng hasn't cleared one or more academic hurdles to be admitted to Wake and get proper certification from the NCAA clearinghouse, it would be inappropriate for Wake to assign him a number. His HS may not be quite up to speed on everything Wake and the NCAA require for him to be admitted and qualified as a freshman scholarship athlete. Wake has been here before...

If Lorng hasn't cleared one or more academic hurdles to be admitted to Wake and get proper certification from the NCAA clearinghouse, it would be inappropriate for Wake to assign him a number. His HS may not be quite up to speed on everything Wake and the NCAA require for him to be admitted and qualified as a freshman scholarship athlete. Wake has been here before...

Lorng's school is Hargrave Military Academy which sends D1 basketball players out every year. I guarantee that they are "up to speed" - now whether Lorng has done what HE needs to do is another issue.

Lorng's school is Hargrave Military Academy which sends D1 basketball players out every year. I guarantee that they are "up to speed" - now whether Lorng has done what HE needs to do is another issue.

Lorng spent his HS prior to this year at a place called Wesley Christian School in Allen, KY. It has 165 students PK - HS. It is very focused on "Christian centered values." Thus there may be some issues with Lorng completing all required classes for admission by Wake and/or certification by the NCAA clearinghouse.

Lorng spent his HS prior to this year at a place called Wesley Christian School in Allen, KY. It has 165 students PK - HS. It is very focused on "Christian centered values." Thus there may be some issues with Lorng completing all required classes for admission by Wake and/or certification by the NCAA clearinghouse.

It's also a random school that has now become sort of a basketball academy. It's kinda suspect. The transfer to Hargrave was good from that perspective. Hopefully he gets it in order.

I would look for him not to be eligible for Wake (or anyone else) until 2019 but he should be good to go then.

Uh, how old is this kid ? Is he going to be a 21-year old sophomore fielding contract offers from France ?

Uh, how old is this kid ? Is he going to be a 21-year old sophomore fielding contract offers from France ?

There is a post from Waldo several pages ago that Lorng was invited to the French U20 team tryouts. So that would make him either 18 or 19 or an exceptional player if he is under 18.

Trivia note: this will be the first Wake BB team to have a player whose birth year begins with a "2" and not a "1"

He is a walk on, but that will be the norm going forward.

I guess its OK to feel really old.

It's a Lorng way to the top if you want to basketball.

This thread is generally pretty fucking miserable. I hope we see some brighter days. Soon.

Why? Childress is going to play 30+ a game. The rest can be picked up by Johnson. Another freshman PG seems like overkill.

The official site just listed the newcomers numbers. I’m sure I’ve missed it but Christian lorng is not listed. What’s his deal?

Lathon was expected to start for Northwestern as a freshman next year, but the NW admissions office surprisingly revoked his admission according to the article linked below: the revocation was reportedly not related to academics. Sounds like a ton of schools are trying to get involved: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-northwestern-jordan-lathon-point-guard-20180529-story.html

Northwestern got a commit to reclassify to 2018. 3* PG out of GA.
https://www.insidenu.com/2018/5/30/...n-chris-collins-jordan-lathon-reclassify-2018

I don’t think a kid is going to go from the chance to start as a freshman to sitting behind a coach’s kid here.

Instilling a lot of confidence in your TWO incoming PG recruits that you want to go and recruit a 3rd PG the moment Crawford bolts. And I thought Creamy said the staff had moved on from Crawford since last year? Doesn't sound like it.

Back