• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

It would also put us two over the scholarship limit. While I am sure it will resolve itself I'm not sure it's the best thing to do from a perception standpoint.

It probably doesn't matter, but worth thinking about.

Whose perception?

Recruits coming here, parents sending their kids here, coaches that we recruit with in high school.

Like I said, it probably doesn't matter, but I don't want to get in the habit of offering more scholarships than we actively have to give at any point in time.

it doesn't matter. go for him. i'm not going to even bring up a certain option we possibly have with one of our current scholarship players because it will spawn a 3 page discussion on draconian NCAA rules.

tell EJ he can be the next JC.

Surprised we are still looking at 2018 recruits, but I'll defer to Danny on this one. Seems like a kid that would undoubtedly be worth taking. And I am sure our coach has a better idea about the potential for open scholarships than we do.

Surprised we are still looking at 2018 recruits, but I'll defer to Danny on this one. Seems like a kid that would undoubtedly be worth taking. And I am sure our coach has a better idea about the potential for open scholarships than we do.

Not surprised. We were going after Devoe, Ayo, and Laczewski at the same time. We probably would have taken all of them. We only got one commit.

We lost 2 players this offseason that we didn't think we would lose a year ago. I have no problem with Manning being prepared.

It really hurts Duke to over recruit every year

Duke certainly recruits over current players, but I am not sure they make a habit of over-recruiting as it is meant in this context. They seem to often be under the scholarship limit.

Remember he played with Doral his freshman year. Really good as a youngster.

Duke certainly recruits over current players, but I am not sure they make a habit of over-recruiting as it is meant in this context. They seem to often be under the scholarship limit.

There isn’t really a difference between the two. Both ways are essentially flexing transfers for players who won’t get playing time. One way is more of a “force” but the other essentially does the exact same thing.

Montgomery, yes, do want.

That honestly seems like Jerry Meyer panicked when Riley called him out and said it was a mistake to save skin. They drop recruits all the time for no apparent reason, especially after they commit to a school that isn’t a blue blood

Always be recruiting . Never stop.

This....to me the recruitment of another center gives some weight to Creamy's comment about SJM. I like Mathias, but in a lot of ways i don't see how he fits with the makeup of our team in the coming years. We are going to long, lean, and athletic. In order for him to be effective we are going to have to slow the game down a bit, and I just don't see that happening. Montgomery looks like I beast. I want him.

Also just looked at the team rankings, and Wake is now at #8 class overall (incidentally, Illinois is at #13.....in the Big10, #71 overall).

Glad we got our PG in this class. Hopefully we add Montgomery as well.

I think EJ would give us the #1 rated class (at least as of right now) for 2018

Back