• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

SJM meanwhile didn't score a single point after the Xavier game. No points over 11 apperances and 47 minutes of combined game time.

You always bring this stat up. One of those games was against a BC team that went 0-18 in the ACC that year and pretty much gave up halfway through the first half. We won that game by 26. I'm gonna look at the overwhelmingly larger sample and the #eyetest. If Moore can improve on setting good screens, rebounding above average, and defensive positioning and give us ~18 mpg, I'll be satisfied.

My prediction is that SJM never goes 17 and 9 in any game while he is in a Wake uniform.

SJM meanwhile didn't score a single point after the Xavier game. No points over 11 apperances and 47 minutes of combined game time.

Did you watch Moore attempt to guard the pick and roll last year? That’s really all I️ needed to see to understand Manning’s choice to remove him from the rotation.

N ot being able to set a pick has nothing to do with coordination. It's a skill. Deandre Jordan is incredibly coordinated but he can't shoot FTs.

Did you watch Moore attempt to guard the pick and roll last year? That’s really all I️ needed to see to understand Manning’s choice to remove him from the rotation.

In the video posted, Manning had them practicing zone. Perhaps his plan is to run more zone, with Doral manning the middle.

Hell, use him like UNCA used Kenny George, almost. The dude is 7'1" with at least a 7'3" (in 2015) wingspan, who has shown an ability to attack the rim. If he can stay on the court (big if, I realize), just that strategy should yield him ~ 10/9/4 a game.

No problems with that. I think his insistence on swatting down on blocks and picking up quick fouls played a factor in it too. He seemed to try to force things when he was in there.

But the potential is there. We have seen it, live, in ACC games.

In the video posted, Manning had them practicing zone. Perhaps his plan is to run more zone, with Doral manning the middle.

Hell, use him like UNCA used Kenny George, almost. The dude is 7'1" with at least a 7'3" (in 2015) wingspan, who has shown an ability to attack the rim. If he can stay on the court (big if, I realize), just that strategy should yield him ~ 10/9/4 a game.

I️ hope Moore turns into a player for us this year. I️ just understand why he fell out of the rotation last year despite being productive against Boston College once. Manning is a solid coach. I️ have no doubt that he’s seen Moore play a lot more than any poster in here and has a good idea of how to best utilize his talents. If Moore drops 10/9/4 a game, then Manning is a COY candidate (and possibly a wizard).

is that 4 as in 4 blocks per game? no i don't think doral is going to lead the nation in blocks.

How about 10 pts 2 bds in 10 mins against cuse. 8 pts 7 bds in 9 minutes against state. 6 pts 5 bds in 13 against pitt. There is a reason manning will keep playing him.

straight outta the rjkarl school of statistical forecasting

is that 4 as in 4 blocks per game? no i don't think doral is going to lead the nation in blocks.

If Doral can stay on the court for 22+ mpg, I think he has an excellent chance to lead the ACC in blocks. You can't block shots without coordination.

straight outta the rjkarl school of statistical forecasting
Nah, Strickland school

I can't help but think that Moto is ultimately the best player on this roster.

Here's my list:

1. Arnaud - 6'6 defensive stopper is a spot-up perimeter game and some experience away from being Travis's best case comparison. I think we'll see significant improvement between years one and two. Whether he emerges as a pro prospect really isn't a question at this point - he simply has all of the characteristics of an indispensable college player and the potential to become a stud for us on both ends of the floor. He's obviously not in Josh Howard's league (yet), but I think he can be that kind of player if he capitalizes on his potential. And he's got four years to do it...

Projected career year: 17 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg

2. Codi - I see Codi developing into a Justin Gray-type player, not much of a point guard, but a tremendous scorer who can play on or off of the ball. Unless he develops into an outstanding defender or morphs into a point guard, I don't think he'll have the opportunity to be more than a productive scorer and key facilitator of our offense - as he's not a point guard (I think his ceiling is somewhere between Justin Gray's senior year and CJ Harris's junior year [or for a non-Wake comparison: think Jack McClinton], rather than those of our pure PG's) - but, like Justin, he'll definitely get some looks as a pro.

Projected career year: 18 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg, 2 spg

3. Aaron - Others have pointed this out and call it cliche, but Aaron shows so many things that you just cannot teach. He has leaders' intangibles, a solid work ethic and a relentless in-game motor, shows awareness on both ends of the floor, and is focused on defense. This already positions him well to have a good college career. He's less physically gifted than Moto and really doesn't fit purely into the SF or PF position on offense at the moment, but he's going to have an awesome college career as a guy that every team needs. His ceiling is very high, but with all of these multi-faceted combo-forwards, it remains to be seen what his ultimate role and developmental trajectory will be.

Projected career year: 14 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 2 bpg

4. Andre - Andre's upside is through the roof and I really think that once he adds some strength, then he'll be the best center that's come through our program since Kyle and Eric graduated. You can't teach size, but more importantly, you can't teach size "heart." Andre has a long way to go, but simply being a mobile 7'0+ means that he has the potential to be special. At the very least, there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be better than Chas, Tony, or Ty.

Projected career year: 14 ppg, 9 rpg, 1 apg, 3 bpg

5. Devin - I think his upside is more limited than the above four, as he's not a physical specimen (average size, above average athlete), but he's going to be a really good college big man. I love that he earns his minutes on pure hustle. If his skills come along, then he could easily go higher, but our lack of a big man coach and recent troubles in developing bigs don't really suggest that he'll develop a ton given his limitations.

Projected career year: 12 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg

6. Tyler - I love what he does and I stand by him even through his rough start, but he's just not as talented as the above guys and doesn't really possess any of their upside. What I do love is that he's an ideal player for a non-traditional offense (like the one that we run through CJ and Codi) given his versatility out of the pick-and-roll game and his shot will start falling eventually. What I don't like is that he hasn't been a very good rebounder or defender, and he hasn't shown much in the way of hustle to overcome his obvious physical limitations. It's early, but Cav strikes me as a guy whose ceiling is very low. He'll be useful, but not much more.

Projected career year: 8 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg

7. Madison - I love his heart and his hustle. I love his effort on defense. I love that we finally have a competent back-up point guard, but let's be honest...

Projected career year: 7 ppg, 2 rpg, 4 apg, 2 spg

If Daniel counted as a freshman, I'd put him between Devin and Tyler.

No reason he shouldn't be among the league leaders. He was 22nd last year playing 8 mins per game.

If Doral can stay on the court for 22+ mpg, I think he has an excellent chance to lead the ACC in blocks. You can't block shots without coordination.

even if you tripled his blocks per game from last year when he got 8mpg you'd only be at 2.7 bpg. good, but wouldn't lead the ACC. and sure as shit isn't 4.

even if you tripled his blocks per game from last year when he got 8mpg you'd only be at 2.7 bpg. good, but wouldn't lead the ACC. and sure as shit isn't 4.

I didn't say 4. Plus, if you have some continuity and aren't afraid to get yanked, you play better.

i know you didn't say 4, i didn't accuse you of it.

i doubt Doral, he of terrible conditioning, is going to play 3x as much and increase his block rate, but maybe i'm just a skeptic.

He could play the first six minutes, take six off, play six. Then do the same thing in the second half.

Nah, Strickland school

In Strick's defense, "career year" means their best possible season. I hope.

The funniest part is #6 is in the NBA.

Back