• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Up to 4 Crystal Balls out of 6 for Massoud to Wake.

From the half dozen or so videos I've seen of him, to me, he looks more like a SG than a PF. He has better than average handles, a nice three ball and is a plus passer.

Definitely SF/SG. Long, good shooter, has an edge...I’ll take it. Give me two 6’8” wings that can shoot and get up and down the court in Mucius and Massoud all day. I also think we see Brown through at least his junior year if not all 4.

Always be recruiting.

Definitely SF/SG. Long, good shooter, has an edge...I’ll take it. Give me two 6’8” wings that can shoot and get up and down the court in Mucius and Massoud all day. I also think we see Brown through at least his junior year if not all 4.

Always be recruiting.

I agree.
Come on down!

Same thing these days....just don't seem him as a PF...

Glad you don't see him at a position that is clearly not his strength nor his natural position. He seems to be a very good passer. We need a little more NYC swagger in W-S. In my day, we had a lot of it. Of course, we had wall phones in my day too and micro breweries was just a fancy word for a moonshiner.

Offensively I can see us running with 3 wings at the same time in Brown, Mucius, and Massoud. Defensively I assume they will all be used interchangeably as well, keeping the 2-4 position fluid. The only problem I see with that is if Wake plays a team that has 2 big bangers in the post, traditional 4 and 5s that score with their back to the basket.

Brown is the shortest of the bunch at 6-5, but also by far the must muscular and strongest. Mucius is slightly shorter than Massoud (their both listed at 6-8 but Mucius is really 6-7, whereas Massoud is a legit 6-8), but Mucius possess the longest wingspan at 6-11. Mucius is also the skinniest and least muscular of the group, but maybe he is strong for his size IDK. Massoud is the tallest at a legit 6-8 and possess a 6-10 wingspan. He also is in between Mucius and Brown in weight.

Defense has been far from a strong point under Manning, so while these guys may be great at switching on the PnR on the perimeter, I don't know what scheme they could use to prevent an efficient scorer who is a traditional 6'9 230 from backing them down and getting buckets. All this is assuming Hoard is 1-and-done. If Hoard stays and we get Massoud, our forward position is good.

Always be recruiting.

Exactly...a PG to handle the ball, a big guy to get rebounds and clog the middle and three 6'5-6'9 who can run and shoot.

It's a positive the TJD isn't coming. We wouldn't have a negative guy around the players we want. It also makes more sense for TJD to play a year or two at IU.

Exactly...a PG to handle the ball, a big guy to get rebounds and clog the middle and three 6'5-6'9 who can run and shoot.

That seems to be what we are going with. Its just weird that Danny is going away from his strength when his 2 most efficient offensive players were John Collins sophomore year and Devin Thomas senior year. The team excelled with an efficient back to the basket scorer and by playing inside to open up the perimeter for 3s.

It's a positive the TJD isn't coming. We wouldn't have a negative guy around the players we want. It also makes more sense for TJD to play a year or two at IU.
A negative guy? Huh?

That seems to be what we are going with. Its just weird that Danny is going away from his strength when his 2 most efficient offensive players were John Collins sophomore year and Devin Thomas senior year. The team excelled with an efficient back to the basket scorer and by playing inside to open up the perimeter for 3s.

I think that has had to do more with personnel... Seems like Manning has always said he'd prefer to play w/ a bunch of athletic wings (which we've had none of during his tenure).

What? No. It is in no way a positive.

I don't disagree with your last sentence, but that's why he's probably going there.

Yeah, just don't get why he'd commit here if, you know, he doesn't want to be here. Nor should he be characterized as a "negative guy" for not wanting to come here. Seems like weird rationalizing. Moving on.

Last edited:
What? No. It is in no way a positive.

I don't disagree with your last sentence, but that's why he's probably going there.

I think what RJ means is that if TJD had already made his decision to not come to Wake (which clearly he had) it is better that he didn't come on the visit with other prospects that we have some momentum with, and others who we are still in the fight for, but need to make an impression. That is a valid point. Obviously and open minded TJD would have been a great visit, but he had made his mind up, so he probably did us a favor by not coming.

Yeah, just don't get why he'd commit here if, you know, he doesn't want to be here. Nor should he be characterized as a "negative guy" for not wanting to come here. Seems like weird rationalizing. Moving on.

It's really not hard to imagine a scenario of 4 prospective students visiting Wake. 3 are interested in it, 1 is like, mehhhhhh, I want to go to Harvard and have an offer, I'm not feeling it. Vibe killer.

Back