• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Everyone has recruiting misses. Not everyone consistently sucks the way that Wake does. Macro vs micro. We suck at the macro, so of course everything that happens at the micro level should be viewed and analyzed through that lens. If we were having recruiting misses or transfers/early jumps and actually succeeding on the court, obviously it wouldn't be as big of a deal. The whole "we took a swing and he just wasn't ACC quality", "we're better without him," or "frees up space for another player" would actually ring true. The fact that is happens to everyone is meaningless without considering the success, or lack of, that it results in.

Last edited:
Geezus ! The pissing and moaning on this thread is just incessant. For chrissakes get over yourselves and your need to whine on the internet. Why don't you pussies give us all a break and do some instagram selfies instead, of your frustrated face, or tearful face, or a youtube video of your whinyass dance. Are we really supposed to be upset or sorry that 100% of all our basketball players in this decade don't stay 4 years, or step into the program as ALL AMERICAN, ALL ACC talent. Somehow i didn't get the memo that it's ALWAYS been that way until now. SorrYYYYYYYY ! Why don't you try to evaluate our basketball fortunes by what we do THIS YEAR, and how we play THIS YEAR, and what happens THIS YEAR. I know it's hard for all you know-it-alls to accept the idea that you might not already know EVERYTHING about what will happen this season, but try it, please. If you turn out to be right to whine about it, do us a favor and keep it to yourselves anyway. Until any of you bozos get the power to hire and fire our coach, or recruit better players, you're just wasting the good air on this board. OH boy, I can't wait for the responses to this post......gonna be some name callin'....

snowflake triggered

b7ac65cb343dca3916aefb703d9db4e9.jpg

Stick it up their ass with a red-hot poker!

Wake basketball is like a bad major league baseball team. Players come and players go. But Manning has to play the games with somebody. The "show" must go on. I'm sure he would like to recruit better, but this is the best he can do. Although Coach tries to find some diamonds in the rough, most recruits turn out to be CZs. Wake needs to get lucky more times.

Fusion Dad continuing his streak of being a terrible poster from the old scout board I see. He doesn't post much quantity, but the quality of terribleness of his posts is something to behold.

Everyone has recruiting misses. Not everyone consistently sucks the way that Wake does. Macro vs micro. We suck at the macro, so of course everything that happens at the micro level should be viewed and analyzed through that lens. If we were having recruiting misses or transfers/early jumps and actually succeeding on the court, obviously it wouldn't be as big of a deal. The whole "we took a swing and he just wasn't ACC quality", "we're better without him," or "frees up space for another player" would actually ring true. The fact that is happens to everyone is meaningless without considering the success, or lack of, that it results in.

Wut?

It's really not difficult to understand. Try harder.

Geezus ! The pissing and moaning on this thread is just incessant. For chrissakes get over yourselves and your need to whine on the internet. Why don't you pussies give us all a break and do some instagram selfies instead, of your frustrated face, or tearful face, or a youtube video of your whinyass dance. Are we really supposed to be upset or sorry that 100% of all our basketball players in this decade don't stay 4 years, or step into the program as ALL AMERICAN, ALL ACC talent. Somehow i didn't get the memo that it's ALWAYS been that way until now. SorrYYYYYYYY ! Why don't you try to evaluate our basketball fortunes by what we do THIS YEAR, and how we play THIS YEAR, and what happens THIS YEAR. I know it's hard for all you know-it-alls to accept the idea that you might not already know EVERYTHING about what will happen this season, but try it, please. If you turn out to be right to whine about it, do us a favor and keep it to yourselves anyway. Until any of you bozos get the power to hire and fire our coach, or recruit better players, you're just wasting the good air on this board. OH boy, I can't wait for the responses to this post......gonna be some name callin'....

Fusion finally resulted in combustion.

Woodstock is one old school 1801 if I can see correctly. As a traditionalist, not impressed with slam dunk warmups. In my day, of course, nobody in my league could dunk. I see they have 3 refs now. Is that true for most high schools or only for big time programs? We got by just fine with two.

Not sure what you were expecting (Tim Duncan he ain't) but I saw a long very athletic and quick kid who has lots of work to do to get stronger and work on his touch but has some potential as a rebounder and shot blocker

Well actually, wasn't TD better known as a 16 yr old former swimming standout about now starting his senior year of HS? To paraphrase a pathetic parody poster, everybody knows that no one develops anymore once they get ranked. It's 12 months until the kid plays a game for us. NFC is just posting to show how right he is.....for now. maybe the rest of us can see what turns out?

Didn't see this posted. Neath visited this weekend.

Neath has had some good games this year in the early going, I believe he has 4 games so far with over 30 ppg scored in those games, not sure how good the competition is up there though. He is the #5 ranked 2019 player in Canada just behind Tyrese Samuel who is #4

Back