• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

What happens if Danny pulls off a miracle?

BTW, Hoard has dropped out of SI's first round mock draft.

Smart move making sure he can't actually go to a game.

BTW, Hoard has dropped out of SI's first round mock draft.

Trending in the wrong direction, too. From SI:

35. JAYLEN HOARD, PF, WAKE FOREST | FRESHMAN
Height: 6'8" | Weight: 215 | Age: 19 | Last Rank: 31

Extracting Hoard’s struggles from Wake Forest’s extremely frustrating team context is a challenge, as the team has done little to put him in great positions offensively and don’t have much of a playmaking element anywhere on its roster. His physical tools are still enticing from a projection perspective, as he should be able to defend multiple positions, can hit set threes and will likely look at least marginally better playing alongside better players. Hoard’s offensive skill set needs a decent amount of work and he’ll turn 20 before the draft, making him a less-enticing project than some of the other freshmen in this class. Still, his best basketball is certainly ahead of him, and he will require some ongoing evaluation even as his team struggles.

Anthony, Hoard, Mucius, Childress, Sarr, Wright, and Massoud is a pretty decent collection of players, even if it's only for one year.

the team has done little to put him in great positions offensively and don’t have much of a playmaking element anywhere on its roster

#bigmanwhisperer
#newbeginnings

The not playing D is on Hoard. Knowing he's playing for millions of dollars this year should motivate him to play D regardless of what the rest of the team does.

However, not using him properly is baffling and 1000% Danny's fault.

Danny's just preparing Hoard for life after the ball stops bouncing. No one needs the millions of $$ that coming to Wake is going to cost Hoard anyway.

Last edited:
Hey, maybe our next coach could inherit a sophomore Hoard along with Cole Anthony...

Two things have surprised me about Hoard based on his reputation. First, his handle is awful. He turns it over all the time against terrible competition because he really struggles to make a face-up dribble move to get by an opponent, even if it's just a single dribble. It gets him into awkward angles, and he's put up some bs numbers by making shots and putbacks off those bad angles. Legit competition like Tennessee eliminate those scores. Second, he's a very poor defender given his athleticism. He's struggling to stay in front of guards and then he's getting hurt by pretty much anyone who has a back-to-the-basket game. He's great when he's coming to help and he can rebound very well, but I thought he'd be a better defender than Brown.

I'm sure he'll leave because that's probably the plan, but he's exactly the kind of player who if he loved the coach, the program, and his teammates he could stay a 2nd year and have a chance at leaving a mark on the ACC.

Maybe someone should take Cole aside and offer his dad the HC job. :)

edarem-8e61be44-c2e1-445a-be14-9996b9b891a-resize-750.jpeg

Hey, maybe our next coach could inherit a sophomore Hoard along with Cole Anthony...

Two things have surprised me about Hoard based on his reputation. First, his handle is awful. He turns it over all the time against terrible competition because he really struggles to make a face-up dribble move to get by an opponent, even if it's just a single dribble. It gets him into awkward angles, and he's put up some bs numbers by making shots and putbacks off those bad angles. Legit competition like Tennessee eliminate those scores. Second, he's a very poor defender given his athleticism. He's struggling to stay in front of guards and then he's getting hurt by pretty much anyone who has a back-to-the-basket game. He's great when he's coming to help and he can rebound very well, but I thought he'd be a better defender than Brown.

I'm sure he'll leave because that's probably the plan, but he's exactly the kind of player who if he loved the coach, the program, and his teammates he could stay a 2nd year and have a chance at leaving a mark on the ACC.

Shocked that another athletic player can't play D in the Manning era. Kinda makes you wonder.

How incredibly dumb would Anthony have to be to come here after seeing what Manning is doing to Hoards draft stock?

Getting Cole Anthony at the expense of keeping Manning would be like sleeping with the hottest Brazilian supermodel but also getting AIDS from her.

Getting Cole Anthony at the expense of keeping Manning would be like sleeping with the hottest Brazilian supermodel but also getting AIDS from her.

Hmmm not sure if this is the best analogy. I'm thinking she sleeps with you then gets up and kicks you repeatedly in the balls. You are out of commission for a long time (bc manning is stl coaching) but there is a chance that with good enough medical attention you might be able to get back in the game some day. You'll never be the same but at least you've got the occasional use of your tool if/when you are able to recruit company again.

Hmmm not sure if this is the best analogy. I'm thinking she sleeps with you then gets up and kicks you repeatedly in the balls. You are out of commission for a long time (bc manning is stl coaching) but there is a chance that with good enough medical attention you might be able to get back in the game some day. You'll never be the same but at least you've got the occasional use of your tool if/when you are able to recruit company again.

Totally worth it.

Back