• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I don't know if it's been posted anywhere yet, but Jamie Lewis is transferring to Kennesaw State.

Anthony, Hoard, Mucius, Childress, Sarr, Wright, and Massoud is a pretty decent collection of players, even if it's only for one year.

Since we are in this dream world,Brown should be included in this group as he is currently our best all around player.

Since we are in this dream world,Brown should be included in this group as he is currently our best all around player.

It's been kind of fun to see him doing better, tbh. It's clear that the staff just didn't really understand how to help him play to his strengths last year and earlier this season. If he sticks around, then he should be a good player as a junior and senior.

It's been kind of fun to see him doing better, tbh. It's clear that the staff just didn't really understand how to help him play to his strengths last year and earlier this season. If he sticks around, then he should be a good player as a junior and senior.

Agreed. He’s figuring out his game at the college level. I think he is currently our best three point shooter (earlier in the year it was Childress).

Agreed. He’s figuring out his game at the college level. I think he is currently our best three point shooter (earlier in the year it was Childress).

Watching players like Brown, Hoard, and Mucius struggle to find their role in our offense really hammers home to me, at least, just how badly they are currently being coached. When a highly rated recruit struggles, one strategy is to let them flail or flourish, but the other is to figure out how to play up their strengths and hide their weaknesses. It would be awesome if somebody on the bench could figure out how to get Hoard and Mucius going because they really are good pieces to have on an ACC team.

Watching players like Brown, Hoard, and Mucius struggle to find their role in our offense really hammers home to me, at least, just how badly they are currently being coached. When a highly rated recruit struggles, one strategy is to let them flail or flourish, but the other is to figure out how to play up their strengths and hide their weaknesses. It would be awesome if somebody on the bench could figure out how to get Hoard and Mucius going because they really are good pieces to have on an ACC team.

Absolutely.

The only offensive philosophies I see in Manning’s teams are: bigs need to hustle down court to establish position early, the ball needs to be forced down low, and we need to aggressively offensive rebound. That actually worked pretty well with Collins and to some degree with Doral. But it completely ignores the guards and small forwards, who are left to just try to figure things out on their own.

From a team aspect, it’s frustrating to watch your team lose, but it’s way more frustrating when your team has talent and loses to less talented teams.

Anthony, Hoard, Mucius, Childress, Sarr, Wright, and Massoud is a pretty decent collection of players, even if it's only for one year.

eh...but then you add manning as the coach and we are still only fringe top 250 in the country

My source says we will not be getting Cole Anthony.
200w.webp

Thread is titled wrong. He is not visiting Sunday.

I'm hearing Monday through Wednesday for the visit.

Last edited:
Unless somebody drops a quarter mil or his Dad owes Danny a BIG favor, we ain't getting him

It's really bizarre to have your top recruit show up when the team is out of town. I can't remember hearing of such a thing.

It's really bizarre to have your top recruit show up when the team is out of town. I can't remember hearing of such a thing.
Dude just wants the good food and to work out in a nice facility without having to interact with scrub players and coaches that he never intends to play with.

That's because it's not this weekend. Whoever reported that is wrong. It's Mon-Wed.

Back