• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Oh do go on about any prior coach's recruiting success in the Charlotte area !

Greg Keith ?, Justin Gray, Jamie Skeen, JT Terrell ? . . .

Greg Keith???!!! 1977 Transfer from Georgia who never played a minute at WF? He and Schellenberg must eat at the same places, btw.

Greg Keith was from Connecticut and was um, how should i say this, not very athletic. He was the walking embodiment of the staak era.

To those who know the recruiting calendar better than I do: is this a slow period of recruiting before it picks up again in the spring, or is there really that little news on the recruiting front (or both)?

To those who know the recruiting calendar better than I do: is this a slow period of recruiting before it picks up again in the spring, or is there really that little news on the recruiting front (or both)?

Not many guys left to commit in 2019, last few will wrap up in late March through Mid-April. 2020s would normally start getting recruited more in April, but idk how things will work under the new Rice Commission calendar.

And for the record, Wndell Moore's high school is only 1.25 miles from Charlotte while Ish Smith's is up in the Cabarrus County boonies.

Greg Keith???!!! 1977 Transfer from Georgia who never played a minute at WF? He and Schellenberg must eat at the same places, btw.

The Greg Keith who transferred from UGA was a guard and graduated from Wake Law in 1981. He was a good guy. As I recall, he had a knee problem that kept him from being a contributor on the court.

If I remember correctly, that HS gym cost about $9M to build.

Good God, that's 18,000 bar tabs at $500 apiece.

JWnWT39.gif

rjkarl.gif

If Oak Hill is on a 4x4 schedule, that's not too unusual for a HS senior. English, Math, History, plus elective. But it sounds like it's 7 periods and two weightlifting classes.

If Oak Hill is on a 4x4 schedule, that's not too unusual for a HS senior. English, Math, History, plus elective. But it sounds like it's 7 periods and two weightlifting classes.

IDK seemed weird to me. Typically seniors are taking some type of Calculus and not Algebra, and US History was a 9th or 10th grade class in my high school, but it doesn't matter because he'll be NBA without a question. Just seems these Oak Hill and IMG type schools aren't really schools anymore, but rather a place where top players can major in pre-basketball. I just think its a disservice to these kids to make school so secondary at a young age. Then they get to the NBA with basically a 10th or 11th grade education and are expected to act like an adult and make smart decisions as a 20 year old multi-millionaire.

IDK seemed weird to me. Typically seniors are taking some type of Calculus and not Algebra, and US History was a 9th or 10th grade class in my high school, but it doesn't matter because he'll be NBA without a question. Just seems these Oak Hill and IMG type schools aren't really schools anymore, but rather a place where top players can major in pre-basketball. I just think its a disservice to these kids to make school so secondary at a young age. Then they get to the NBA with basically a 10th or 11th grade education and are expected to act like an adult and make smart decisions as a 20 year old multi-millionaire.

LOL. I don't know what nerd school you went to but that's not the case for the vast majority of HS kids. Actually taking Algebra 3 puts him ahead of pace. Most students end at Algebra 2. Algebra 3 is somewhat comparable to Trigonometry, below Precalculus, but definitely above Algebra 2.

Mater Dei was brought up earlier. They aren't like IMG, Findlay or other factory high schools. MD has very good academics and Gary McKnight has his players participate in it. It could be a reason Bol Bol and others have left after short stays at MD.

Mater Dei was brought up earlier. They aren't like IMG, Findlay or other factory high schools. MD has very good academics and Gary McKnight has his players participate in it. It could be a reason Bol Bol and others have left after short stays at MD.

Yeah they are a big time school. Top level football, basketball, baseball. Mater Dei pretty solid all around.

Back