• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

One of Mucius or Hoard are going to have to play the 4 a bit if they want significant PT next year. There is a lot of comp for the wing minutes.
I think SJM should remain in the doghouse. I cannot fathom how a guy his size could ever be so unproductive on the court. Okeke looks to be a more active option.

One of Mucius or Hoard are going to have to play the 4 a bit if they want significant PT next year. There is a lot of comp for the wing minutes.
I think SJM should remain in the doghouse. I cannot fathom how a guy his size could ever be so unproductive on the court. Okeke looks to be a more active option.

This is a weird declaration. SJM hasn't been unproductive on the court. He hasn't seen the court. For whatever reason. Mitchell didn't see the court last year and we all wrote him off. Who knows what is going on. But whatever it is, I highly doubt it is tied to the production he isn't having on the court, but rather person stuff, school stuff and/or practice stuff. SJM is far from home. So is Mitchell. So is Sarr. But Sarr had a lot of overseas away from home experience coming into school. Different guys handle things differently and even in different years.

For example, I am pretty sure that our post Songaila Easter-European power forward who was so good in Year 1 and so blah thereafter simply decided that school was his ticket not hoops. Probably a wise choice for him. Maybe SJM is all lost in his business classes. But not many know outside the team and the staff and that is ideally how it stays.

It would be doing Hoard a disservice to play him extended minutes at the 4. It wouldn't maximize his skill set.

Manning needs to start Mitchell and get that three man rotation of Moore/Mitchell/Sarr going. And letting SJM out of the dog house would help, too.

ok, rj

Hoard has to start from day 1 regardless of where.

Barring early exits, I'd think it'd be Craw/Woods/Brown/Hoard/Moore to start next year. Last update I saw had him at 6'8" 205lbs, he'll probably be 215 by the time he suits up for Wake. There are plenty of excellent teams with starting 4's of that size. Plus he'll be playing next to a legit rim protector.

Mitchell's been a surprise but I still don't see him as a starter on a great ACC team. I'd still expect to see a lot of crunch time lineups of Chill/Craw/Woods/Hoard/Moore next year.

If he keeps improving, I think Sarr will start next year. Our line-up could be - Craw, Chaundee, Hoard, Sarr, Doral.

Maybe, but if Sarr doesn't get the starting spot at some point over Terrance Thompson this year it's pretty clear Manning sees him as a 5.

I'd bet that Chill/Craw/Woods will split the vast majority of the 1/2 minutes, Brown/Melo the 3, Hoard/Mitchell the 4, and Moore/Sarr the 5.

Thought I'd do a quick check on results and post for anyone, who like me, hasn't seen results over holidays and doesn't want to dig through pages to find them. Here's what I found:

Jaylen Hoard
23 pts (9-13 FG, 5-8 FT), 5 reb, 2 ast, 1 steal in 63-52 win over Orlando Christian Prep
14 points (6-14 FG, 2-5 FT), 11 reb, 7 ast, 1 blk, 1 steal in 69-68 loss to Chicago Simeon
19 pts (7-10 FG, 5-10 FT), 6 reb, 4 ast, 1 blk in 82-73 win over Mater Dei
15 pts (5-9 FG, 5-9 FT), 10 reb, 2 ast in 56-52 win over Oak Ridge

Sharone Wright Jr
19 pts (8-14 FG, 0-3 3pt, 3-5 FT), 4 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl in 81-64 win over Father Henry Carr
Plays tonight at 7p against Wilson

Isaiah Mucius hasn't played since Dec 14
No sign that Jamie Lewis is playing yet for Findlay Prep

Maybe, but if Sarr doesn't get the starting spot at some point over Terrance Thompson this year it's pretty clear Manning sees him as a 5.

I'd bet that Chill/Craw/Woods will split the vast majority of the 1/2 minutes, Brown/Melo the 3, Hoard/Mitchell the 4, and Moore/Sarr the 5.

Mucius?

Could split minutes with Melo? No sure what to expect from him. If anyone leaves it slides Chaundee towards more guard minutes and opens the door for him. Curious who will be more effective, freshman Mucius or sophomore Melo?

Could split minutes with Melo? No sure what to expect from him. If anyone leaves it slides Chaundee towards more guard minutes and opens the door for him. Curious who will be more effective, freshman Mucius or sophomore Melo?

From what (little) I've seen, Mucius seems to be just as athletic as melo, a little stockier, and more offensively gifted. A sophomore Melo could/should progress offensively so who knows.

DO NOT TAKE THIS TOO LITERALLY, IT IS MEANT AS A CONCEPT NOT A DIRECT COMPARISON*: If Wake continues its recruiting trajectory we could end up being similar to what carolina has made their norm - a roster full of top 100-ish recruits that had matured and gotten better for 3-4 years before they see huge amounts of playing time. That could be really good.

*directed at everyone, not you DC

I'd have Mucius as the #1 minutes guy outside of that crowd, but who knows. Woods is thriving as a 6th man, maybe we keep him there and move Chaundee into Wilbekin's spot, then the SF logjam clears up a bit.

Craw/Brown/Hoard/Sarr/Moore would be a very classic UNC-like starting 5, that's for sure.

I'd have Mucius as the #1 minutes guy outside of that crowd, but who knows. Woods is thriving as a 6th man, maybe we keep him there and move Chaundee into Wilbekin's spot, then the SF logjam clears up a bit.

Craw/Brown/Hoard/Sarr/Moore would be a very classic UNC-like starting 5, that's for sure.

That lineup sure looks intimidating on paper, but with 80% of them on the current roster, it’s discouraging that we can’t beat anyone worth a shit. Hopefully the team progresses in ACC play, but if we finish around 5-13, hard to think adding Hoard suddenly makes the team a powerhouse.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Replacing Wilbekin with Hoard should improve this team dramatically. We would finally have a player who can reliably create his own shot.

Last edited:
Sarr was projected to take most of the season to get up to speed in the American game. This is no real surprise. He has shown some very interesting glimpses.

What happened to game 1 Brown? I had high hopes this team is maddening.

Still disappointed with Crawford, he is playing his way out of being drafted.

Back