• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Thought I'd do a quick check on results and post for anyone, who like me, hasn't seen results over holidays and doesn't want to dig through pages to find them. Here's what I found:

Jaylen Hoard
23 pts (9-13 FG, 5-8 FT), 5 reb, 2 ast, 1 steal in 63-52 win over Orlando Christian Prep
14 points (6-14 FG, 2-5 FT), 11 reb, 7 ast, 1 blk, 1 steal in 69-68 loss to Chicago Simeon
19 pts (7-10 FG, 5-10 FT), 6 reb, 4 ast, 1 blk in 82-73 win over Mater Dei
15 pts (5-9 FG, 5-9 FT), 10 reb, 2 ast in 56-52 win over Oak Ridge

Sharone Wright Jr
19 pts (8-14 FG, 0-3 3pt, 3-5 FT), 4 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl in 81-64 win over Father Henry Carr
Plays tonight at 7p against Wilson

Isaiah Mucius hasn't played since Dec 14
No sign that Jamie Lewis is playing yet for Findlay Prep

Hoard had 27 yesterday in John Wall Holiday Invitational in Raleigh. Definitely raised some eyebrows.

Is that what used to be the Glaxo Invitational back in the day?

Is that what used to be the Glaxo Invitational back in the day?

Yep. Great tournament with alot of top 50 recruits. Went a few years ago and waited on line for almost 2 hours to get in. Wanted to see Harry Giles, Dennis Smith and a host of others.

Hoard is going to be an amazing player. He's leaving a ton of points on the line now despite a nice looking stroke and isn't as productive defensively as he'll become. The sky is the limit for that guy.
I am having trouble seeing Chaundee as our starting SG. I'd prefer Woods to keep spacing and for his passing ability. Hopefully, his light will still come on this year.
We will be deep next year for sure. I can't see Crawford going pro, maybe the new BBB league? Hope springs eternal for him to dial in his mental intensity on crisp, smart paces.

We won't have any question next year who the 4 is, it will be EJ Montgomery :couch :drool:

Would love to see next year:

Crawford, Chaundee, Mucius, Hoard, Sarr starting five

What happened to game 1 Brown? I had high hopes this team is maddening.

Curious what others think regarding Brown. Had expected typical freshman inconsistency, but he's been pretty invisible since first few games. Is this because his handle is not tight enough to handle on perimeter?---so much of our offense revolves around ball screens for PG/SG. Maybe with emergence of Doral we just don't need scoring from the SF position outside of kick out 3s and garbage points?

Last 7 games almost 4 points a game with 2-13 from 3 with 6 assists and 10 turnovers. Hard to improve during conference games but Teague did it.

Sharone Wright Jr. tonight: 14 pts (4-17 FG, 0-3 3pt, 6-10 FT), 5 reb, 4 ast, 1 steal in a 78-70 loss to Wilson

Some things never change. A quote from the 2003 ACC Basketball Handbook:

"Before he had coached a game at Wake Forest a year ago, Skip Prosser faced perhaps the greatest stress test of his coaching career. Taking over a one-win team at Loyola (Md.) College was nothing compared to the challenge of restocking a program on Tobacco Road, where fans obsess about their team's future stars long before they set foot on campus."

"Before he had coached a game at Wake Forest a year ago, Skip Prosser faced perhaps the greatest stress test of his coaching career. Taking over a one-win team at Loyola (Md.) College was nothing compared to the challenge of restocking a program on Tobacco Road, where fans obsess about their team's future stars long before they set foot on campus."

So true.....

So true. How do we forget every year that freshman generally suck. Just like ours do this year.

So true. How do we forget every year that freshman generally suck. Just like ours do this year.

Maybe because we've had quite a few frosh that didn't suck & were able to contribute right away.

also, don't think Prosser had a lot of challenges re-stocking our roster. Odom left him the ABCDE class + JHo + Levy/Vytas/Taron & a solid headstart on his eventual 1st class (JGray/EW/Strick/etc)

Maybe because we've had quite a few frosh that didn't suck & were able to contribute right away.

also, don't think Prosser had a lot of challenges re-stocking our roster. Odom left him the ABCDE class + JHo + Levy/Vytas/Taron & a solid headstart on his eventual 1st class (JGray/EW/Strick/etc)

I can think of two, maybe three in the last thirty years. Some became great players but did little as freshman. Most were like the current freshmen. You can see they will be ACC players, but not now.

Back