• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Who was the dude from Rocky Mount?

Remember the dude back in the mid-2000s who announced that he'd committed to us, but no one knew what he was talking about and everyone was very confused? I think he ended up playing at a community college or something. I think Skip was the coach at the time. Kid was from somewhere in eastern NC, Rocky Mount or Fayetteville or somewhere.

Jamie Lewis up there with the Norseman and that dude from Rocky Mount as most mysterious recruits ever. Are we sure Jamie Lewis actually exists? Feels like we been catfished, boys.

Wake has had a few no shows. Joachim Blom, who went 0 for 2 against the NCAA academic eligibility clearinghouse. Torgrin ???? the "grim threeper" another no-show. The aforementioned Shon Coleman. Makhtar Ndiaye, screw job by the cheaters on goat hill.

Joachim Blom probably was the biggest loss. He was the big body (6-10, 240) Swedish PF who would have played with Tim Duncan. He could have made Stanford pay for their tactics against Tim.

Reco McCarter was the dude from Goldsboro who ended up at Campbell. I can't remember if that was the same guy I was thinking about. Feel like there was someone else...

Ytsack(so) Cohen. Lost to the Israeli Air Force

That was a good (and timely) "loss" for Wake recruiting. Some kid from Durham got his minimum test score to get into Wake. Cohen deciding to go fly planes left an open spot on the Wake roster.

Remember the dude back in the mid-2000s who announced that he'd committed to us, but no one knew what he was talking about and everyone was very confused? I think he ended up playing at a community college or something. I think Skip was the coach at the time. Kid was from somewhere in eastern NC, Rocky Mount or Fayetteville or somewhere.

Dominique Sutton

Larry Morrison Jr. He was a PG from Fayetteville I believe. He verballed to WF out of the blue towards the end of the Odom era. He was a complete unknown & likely didn't have a commitable offer as he disappeared off our radar just as quickly. Don't recall where he ended up, maybe ECU.

Anyone have any 2019 updates? Other than Wendell Moore, 247 doesn't list us as "Warm" for any top 150 prospects, although I know LOWF isn't a big focus for them at all. I feel like we were in early on a bunch of 2018 guys at this point last year.

Anyone have any 2019 updates? Other than Wendell Moore, 247 doesn't list us as "Warm" for any top 150 prospects, although I know LOWF isn't a big focus for them at all. I feel like we were in early on a bunch of 2018 guys at this point last year.

Anthony Harris is not listed as warm for us but his only crystal ball prediction is to Wake. Outside of him, I'd say we're recruiting Jalen Lecque the hardest but would be extremely surprised if he came here.

Omar Payne is probably another name to keep an eye on.

Back