• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman commits to Wake! Sherfield visitiing!

W&M transfer Chase Audgie in Winston right now; Assume he is on a visit this weekend.

Last edited:
Audgie could be of use down the road but he obviously wouldn't contribute anything this season (when the Deacs need more talent) and would likely be committing to, but never actually playing for, Danny Manning. A kinda weird situation.

Audgie could be of use down the road but he obviously wouldn't contribute anything this season (when the Deacs need more talent) and would likely be committing to, but never actually playing for, Danny Manning. A kinda weird situation.

Not that weird that a player at William and Mary might value getting a degree from Wake.

Not that weird that a player at William and Mary might value getting a degree from Wake.
No, I mean from WF's perspective. I would have assumed that Manning would be trying to pick up players that have a chance to help out this season. I'm fully on board if this guy can help out the Deacs but if he comes here, he likely will sit out his entire time with Manning and have a new coach when he is actually eligible to play.

We can’t assume Manning is gone after this season regardless of the wins and losses.

No, I mean from WF's perspective. I would have assumed that Manning would be trying to pick up players that have a chance to help out this season. I'm fully on board if this guy can help out the Deacs but if he comes here, he likely will sit out his entire time with Manning and have a new coach when he is actually eligible to play.

We will lose Childress, White, and Johnson from the backcourt after the upcoming season. Makes sense that Manning would want to bring in a player that could contribute after they leave. Realistically, he probably wouldn’t see much playing time next year but - based on the current roster - he may have a solid role after the attrition.

Sure, I guess, but I highly doubt his decision to potentially transfer is related to academics at all.

Not that big of a stretch to think academics played a role. When he decided that he wanted to leave W&M, he may have focused his transfer prospects on similarly academically rigorous schools. Certainly not the only factor, but lots of college athletes use academics as one of the criterion in deciding where to attend school.

Not that big of a stretch to think academics played a role. When he decided that he wanted to leave W&M, he may have focused his transfer prospects on similarly academically rigorous schools. Certainly not the only factor, but lots of college athletes use academics as one of the criterion in deciding where to attend school.

Lots of college athletes, yes. Lots of tennis players and runners and soccer players

I’m guessing a guy that starts off at William and Mary has pretty realistic expectations for his professional basketball prospects.

So the crux of your argument is that basketball players don’t care about academics? Painting with quite a broad brush.

No

The crux of my argument is that when most of a basketball team goes into the transfer portal, they’re probably in the portal for basketball reasons, not academic ones

Back