• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

This is the opposite of getting in early on someone about to blow up...

Niven was a Top 100 recruit ~2 years ago before dropping like a stone in the rankings.
Why the drop?
Injury or lack of development/out developed by better recruits?

No idea. The drop occurred after the summer of 2017... So poor play in higher profile AAU events would be my guess.

But that’s a complete guess.

nice dunk though. If he could repeat that at Wake, then we would have 37 seconds of ecstasy in 2020.

Nice dunk, but that was the worst case of cherry picking I’ve ever seen. Now, can he dribble in traffic and make open 3 point shots?

Elite level athlete. Has made highlight real plays for years. Question is, is he a ball player who can turn that NBA-level athleticism into production in college, or is he just someone who makes a few highlight plays every game but doesn't really help a team win? Has potential to do a lot with how athletic he is, but does he want to be a dunker or all-conference player?

Why is the staff reaching for a guard for next year given the complete lack of depth in the front court?

Why is the staff reaching for a guard for next year given the complete lack of depth in the front court?

Feels like “best available” (and realistic) to me.

Decent upside. No need to contribute in year one.

It is kind of a silly offer if you expect Manning to be fired. I don’t suspect he views decisions through that lens, though.

The last two months have simply been a shit show. We have:

Lost our most productive returning player

Lost a borderline top 250 player at the last minute.

Tied up two scholarships w top 450 bigs who at first and second glance look like mid major development players.

Surprised many pundits in keeping manning, who has back to back 20 loss seasons and lost 20 games in 3 of the last 4 years.

Lost a coach who accidentally killed someone and fled the scene

Had a ridiculous 2 month transition in ADs which should have been celebratory and transparent but was instead confusing and erratic. Read: NOT transparent.

Did I miss anything?

The only positives have been keeping massoud and neath who both seem like acc players, and then hiring a serviceable assistant in Walters.

Last edited:
I would think that even if big time donors didn’t care about basketball wins and losses, they would still care about leadership, administration, accountability, national perception, etc. Presumably they care about those qualities in other arenas.

Truth be told we just don’t matter enough for any of this to be a continuous national story, and our fan base isn’t large enough to make much of a stink. So we just plod along.

The last two months have simply been a shit show. We have:

Lost our most productive returning player

Lost a borderline top 250 player at the last minute.

Tied up two scholarships w top 450 bigs who at first and second glance look like mid major development players.

Surprised many pundits in keeping manning, who has back to back 20 loss seasons and lost 20 games in 3 of the last 4 years.

Lost a coach who accidentally killed someone and fled the scene

Had a ridiculous 2 month transition in ADs which should have been celebratory and transparent but was instead confusing and erratic. Read: NOT transparent.

Did I miss anything?

The only positives have been keeping massoud and neath who both seem like acc players, and then hiring a serviceable assistant in Walters.

but...TENNIS

Back