• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Can we put to rest the myth that Danny Manning is a good recruiter?

247 composite rank average:
[Redacted] 237
Manning 229
Manning w/ Okeke 242

And that's despite Manning having a number of Top 100 recruits at 87, 99, 36, 24, 94 to [Redacted]'s 77 and 101 (we'll give him a break).

Which is a shame. Manning should throw the kid a bone.
Agree. If Manning *is* going to be fired after this season's inevitable failure, the fact that he never gave Sunday a scholarship before it happened is going to be one of the sadder things that will be left over.
I mean, seriously, it's not like Manning has a damn problem giving guys in the damn 500's ACTUAL scholarships. Yet, Sunday remains a "preferred walk on."
What an Ass.

Agree. If Manning *is* going to be fired after this season's inevitable failure, the fact that he never gave Sunday a scholarship before it happened is going to be one of the sadder things that will be left over.
I mean, seriously, it's not like Manning has a damn problem giving guys in the damn 500's ACTUAL scholarships. Yet, Sunday remains a "preferred walk on."
What an Ass.

Whether he thinks he'll be fired or not, the addition of Tariq Ingraham isn't going to change a thing...when Coleman decommitted, Manning should have given the schollie to Okeke.

Hold up. Ingraham signed over a month ago. I had completely forgotten about him since he's of no impact to our future success, or lack thereof. Any idea why it took over a month and the decommitment of Coleman to annouce his signing?

Does this mean we still have a scholarship left for Okeke?

Hold up. Ingraham signed over a month ago. I had completely forgotten about him since he's of no impact to our future success, or lack thereof. Any idea why it took over a month and the decommitment of Coleman to annouce his signing?

Does this mean we still have a scholarship left for Okeke?

The announcement is cover from the Coleman situation. Yes there is 1 scholly left. Maybe 2.

I’m on board for Sunday getting a schollie, but I’m sure another white walk-on is next in line.

Can we put to rest the myth that Danny Manning is a good recruiter?

Not really. He is a decent recruiter but no one could recruit once it has become established that he is a really shitty coach and could be terminated a a moments notice.

That is why it really was stupid to keep him. There is zero upside and as we are seeing on the recruiting trail, a really huge downside.

Wait! Did Bilas pay Manning to get his son into Wake as a walk-on and then Manning later kicked back the scholarship money to keep them quiet??? HUGE NEWS if true!!

Penny Hardaway is killing it. Now has commits from

from ESPN 100.

Good for Penny for making a splash in recruiting...

But if he doesn't get results, I suspect the honeymoon recruiting period will be short-lived. No excuses when you bring in a class like that.

Back