• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

He's still active on Twitter, but mostly hypes his younger brother, 2023 G Treymane Parker (#46 in the class, per Coast 2 Coast Preps). Twitter doesn't seem to include any info on where Kwe ended up.

Jeff Goodman ranked the top 50 grad transfers and the top 50 "sit out" a year transfers: https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

Noticed that WF was listed among the many schools that Nevada transfer Jordan Brown (6-11 C) is considering.

Also, did not know that VT transfer Chris Clarke is headed to Texas Tech. If he remains eligible and available, Clarke has a lot of talent. Also, it appears Kerry Blackshear is down to A&M (to play for Buzz), KY, VT and FL.

Goodman also posted a list of winners & losers after the NBA Draft deadline...

https://watchstadium.com/news/winners-and-losers-after-the-nba-draft-decision-deadline-05-30-2019/

No surprise, Danny Manning is #7 among the losers:
Danny Manning – I feel for the Wake Forest head coach. He lost freshman forward Jaylen Hoard this year, and watched his two most productive players — Bryant Crawford and Doral Moore — leave a year ago. Hoard is unlikely to be selected in the first round, and Crawford and Moore weren’t drafted last year. Moore played in the G-League and Crawford went to Israel.

Jeff Goodman ranked the top 50 grad transfers and the top 50 "sit out" a year transfers: https://watchstadium.com/news/ranking-the-best-transfers-in-college-basketball-this-offseason-04-22-2019/

Noticed that WF was listed among the many schools that Nevada transfer Jordan Brown (6-11 C) is considering.

Also, did not know that VT transfer Chris Clarke is headed to Texas Tech. If he remains eligible and available, Clarke has a lot of talent. Also, it appears Kerry Blackshear is down to A&M (to play for Buzz), KY, VT and FL.

Danny should be all over the 6'11" Kelvin Jones guy from that list. Like his job depended on it

Danny should be all over the 6'11" Kelvin Jones guy from that list. Like his job depended on it

Where is Danny Manning in all of this....I saved 140 dollars not buying season B-Ball tickets and I wonder if I should do the same this year?

Maybe Manning is recruiting him to Kansas so he can work with him there!

I expect Manning to pick up some recruiting momentum with the facilities that just opened. Expect to see some top 350 guys show Wake some interest.....

So different from the vibe around the football program. Not firing Manning will cost the program so much more than the reported $18 million dollar buyout. He is stocking the roster with players that just do not appear to be ACC caliber players and they will be here for three of four years. Just beyond sad

A new coach will give those guys the boot, which sucks, but that's life.

Back