• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

So Jamie Lewis is no longer in Vegas? Whats the deal with this young man? Stupid pay wall.

What's very funny is to see people freak out about a 30% vs. 35% three point shooter.

Do you know what the difference is? 1 make out of every 20 taken.
Would you want your team to shoot 30 or 35 per cent?

USA Today made a high school player of the year nomination list with the top 25 high school players, and Jaylen Hoard is on it. EJ Montgomery is on it too.

USA Today made a high school player of the year nomination list with the top 25 high school players, and Jaylen Hoard is on it. EJ Montgomery is on it too.

Well there's some good news. Hopefully Jaylen/Chaundee/Mucius can right the ship

Are we still pitching hard to Montgomery? Surely we are. The roster will sort itself out, and he is the type of talent we need to overcome obvious coaching/scheme limitations.

I'm all in on this class being the heroes we deserve and also the heroes we need. Otherwise, another half-decade at least will be down the drain.

I have a feeling that we never see Jamie Lewis in a Wake uniform. No info, just a hunch.

Yeah. We barely know he exists.

There is an idea of a Jamie Lewis, some kind of abstraction, but there is no...y'all know where I'm going.

Lewis's entire recruitment has just been strange. Signing the LOI with Wake seems to be the only basketball related thing he has done in 2 years.

Don't really see the need to add Lewis anyway. If we land Anthony Harris in '19 we will have plenty of ball handlers on the team. Hopefully we land Wendell Moore too, he seems to be able to do just about anything. Any updates on '19 bigs who can replace Doral? I know Omar Payne was mentioned but are we still looking at any true C targets like Balsa or Chol Marial?

Sleeper pick for '19 recruits - Tre Mitchell from Woodstock Academy, looks like a highly skilled 4 that can bang inside on the post, and then step out and drain a 3. Good passer too. Seems like the type of underrated big that Manning turns into a star.

Tre is a perfect example of why I have questions about 247. They have him as a 6'8, 190 FS. Rivals has him as a 6'9, 260 PF, who has dropped 15 pounds and is as much a center as PF.

How can there be so much difference.

Netflix, good stuff!

There is an idea of a Jamie Lewis, some kind of abstraction, but there is no...y'all know where I'm going.
idkamerican-psychochristian-bale.gif

A player who makes 7 threes per 20 attempts and a player who makes 6 threes per 20 attempts could be the difference in a few wins over the course of season, especially if the 35% shooter shoots more often.

I feel like Crash Davis explained this concept really well in Bull Durham.

What's very funny is to see people freak out about a 30% vs. 35% three point shooter.

Do you know what the difference is? 1 make out of every 20 taken.

I'm no whiz at math, but I'm gonna guess 5% is the difference.

Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
A player who makes 7 threes per 20 attempts and a player who makes 6 threes per 20 attempts could be the difference in a few wins over the course of season, especially if the 35% shooter shoots more often.

I feel like Crash Davis explained this concept really well in Bull Durham.

The problem with PH's post is that if you are drive and dish PG or slashing wing, you may only take 3- threes/game. You are talking about one make in every seven games and it could come against a team we are beating badly or losing badly.

The odds that guy will hit his one extra three in a a game that would be -2, -1 or even is quite low. The concept that it "could be the difference in a FEW wins over the course of a season" is ludicrous.

Back