• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Jamill bring us a lot of entertainment with the Ayo dick tease though

How nice that would've been. Lewis isn't even playing this season and Ayo has already had a 60 point and 50 point game his Sr. season. Ayo will likely be Mr. Basketball in IL and a McD's AA, would've been a great addition. Here is an interesting article on the recruitment I read, seems like the mom really liked DM: https://theathletic.com/133274/2017...linois-but-how-did-the-recruiting-process-go/

If that is the case then I don't see why Jamill Jones should stay on the staff. He was highly connected to this recruit through AAU, and according to his Wake Forest Basketball bio is supposedly a good defensive assistant coach. We have a terrible defense this year and we need him to land 1-2 guys in recruiting for '19, if he can't do that not sure why he is on the staff.

Jones was massive in the Mucius recruitment from what I've heard. Also think it's somewhat unfair to call for the guy's job when we have absolutely no insight as to what happened with AH. Harris might've wanted to stay closer to home, has connections to other schools through teammates, Wake wanted to prioritize other guards, etc. Losing a Top 75 DMV prospect to DMV schools who are frankly better than us right now shouldn't be cause to fire the guy.

Don't think Jamil had anything to do with the Mucius recruitment as that one was all Childress and had been going on over a year and a half before he committed.

Don't think Jamil had anything to do with the Mucius recruitment as that one was all Childress and had been going on over a year and a half before he committed.

I heard that Mucius was "in the bag" before Jones was even hired.

Anyone know what has happened with Harris. He was supposed to be in the bag.

What about the ‘18 big man. Are we still on that guy? Sorry, can’t remember his name.

What about the ‘18 big man. Are we still on that guy? Sorry, can’t remember his name.

EJ Montgomery. Yes we are. Unsure if our chances there - he’s keeping quiet on the recruiting front.

He has to see the immediate need in the post. Playing time is there for anyone with a post move.

He has to see the immediate need in the post. Playing time is there for anyone with a post move.

Could end up being even bigger than just the talent because he’d undoubtedly start - almost forcing Sarr to stay one more year unless somehow he took over the 5 from Doral.

Could end up being even bigger than just the talent because he’d undoubtedly start - almost forcing Sarr to stay one more year unless somehow he took over the 5 from Doral.

It would make me very happy to see him take the starting spot from Doral.

Well, we'd have a really good rotation at 4/5 with EJ, Sarr and Doral. That would be tremendous.

Well, we'd have a really good rotation at 4/5 with EJ, Sarr and Doral. That would be tremendous.

If Sam sticks around, decides to get much better acquainted with Ryan Horn's program and is no longer spending his time with Snoopy, Wake could have 4 guys to cover the 80 min per game at 4/5. That could also give Wake one of the bigger lineups in college BB.

If Sarr develops the way people think he could, (and obviously if EJ arrives at Wake) is a giant Wake lineup of Doral, EJ, Sarr, Chaundee, Wright totally out of the question?

First of all, you are forgetting Hoard, who is 6'8. Also, Melo could play guard at 6'9. :) I coudl see Donovan playing some SF at 6'9.

I'm not sure EJ can play SF. As athletic as Sarr is, he can't really play SF.

If we get EJ, we will have one of the biggest and most athletic team in the country. At most times we will go two of (7'1,7',6'10), two of {6'8 (Hoard),6'8 (Muscius) , 6'9 (Melo) , 6'9 (Donovan) } with 6'5 (Sharone) or 6'3 Bryant.

That's big and mobile.

Back