• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Melo Eggleston's shot is horrific. He's right handed and shoots it from his left ear. I'm worried about down low with the loss of Doral. I'm less worried about the loss of Crawford. I think he was, regrettably, a head case who played no D and between Chill, Lewis, and Wright we can make up for it. Lewis and Wright are looking okay in practice. Obviously far from game situations.

Melo doesn’t come close to making even one shot on the video and his shot is beyond broken. My gosh, did he have that form when we recruited him? Please bring back Mitchell from California.

I live in Charlotte, and have never heard of this Liberty Heights Factory... oh well, who cares! Hopefully the young man makes us all proud, and sets himself up for a happy & successful life. Can't blame the youngin' at all for wanting to go to WFU.

Melo doesn’t come close to making even one shot on the video and his shot is beyond broken. My gosh, did he have that form when we recruited him? Please bring back Mitchell from California.

I don't even recall it looking that bad last season, but maybe I was just zoned out. That said, he shot 35% and missed the three 3-pointers he took.

I live in Charlotte, and have never heard of this Liberty Heights Factory... oh well, who cares! Hopefully the young man makes us all proud, and sets himself up for a happy & successful life. Can't blame the youngin' at all for wanting to go to WFU.

If not sarcasm, this is the most Wake Forest fan post ever.

So in year 5 of Danny Manning, the returning roster consists of one junior and three sophomores. And two of the sophs barely played.

What the fuck

So in year 5 of Danny Manning, the returning roster consists of one junior and three sophomores. And two of the sophs barely played.

What the fuck

That's a lot like Duke and Kentucky's rosters.

So, what does the 2019 scholarship situation look like now?

Either Danny assumes this kid will make us better this year, or he assumes he can't do better in 2019. Filling the roster with a questionable freshman is quite a bit different than signing late grad transfers.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the tweet says he's weighing our offer vs Hargrave for next year.

I don't feel like that's much of a jab? He already went through the process of reclassifying once and was probably heavily committed to having another year of HS ball. He then starts picking up a lot of interest on the Nike EYBL circuit, gets a couple ACC offers, and has a decision if he wants to keep his recruitment going and see if any Top 25 teams come his way, or go with one of the current options. That seems fairly standard.

You could save yourself a lot of typing by just saying "Y'all were right, I was wrong."

You're best argument so far is that the rest of us were right, we were just right prematurely. We were too right. That's what you've got.

This is it. So we weren’t crazy, but definitely “deluded.” No, that’s the point - we weren’t deluded because we could see the warning signs sooner than RChill, DCDeac, et al could. Who’s actually proven to be more deluded? Credit to both of them for being somewhat willing to change course, but neither one is owning how adamant they were that the rest of us had no business making pronouncements about Manning so early on. I stated clearly that he was a good representative of Wake but I never saw him winning ACC championships or getting to multiple Sweet 16s. Now I don’t even know if he has that one flyer year in him to make a single tourney run. Everything continues to suggest otherwise.

The season ended four months ago. How much positive news have we gotten about 2009 recruiting? I’m talking legit scoop that we have a legit chance at a legit player.

Can you blame the kid for choosing between those 2 when WF has been a dumpster fire with clear lack of coaching with consistent poor fundamentals on a team that is regularly bottom of the barrel in defense and rebounding year after year in ACC even when we have talent that should be playing much better. Not to mention players jumping ship and transferring who were expected to provide meaningful mins. Sorry you can make excuses all day, but that screams "stay away at all costs!"

Only good news is Hoard and Mucius coming in and can their sheer talent carry the day for '18/'19 season along with a talented Chaundee???

The season ended four months ago. How much positive news have we gotten about 2009 recruiting? I’m talking legit scoop that we have a legit chance at a legit player.

Think C.J. Harris will work out pretty good. Aside from that. . . pretty bleak.

Back