• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k20 - Watson/Adams - Gibson/Bailey ('20) & James ('21) Gone

There's a really good chance RC is a worse coach than DM. He has much less experience, his only mentors are [Redacted] and Manning, and our guards haven't exactly excelled.

Many times gifted players don't do well when they transition from player to coach. Chill hasn't had the best mentors to help him learn how to be a coach. He needs to spend a few years learning from a successful coach at a non-blue blood school.

Jay Wright (Villanova) or Tony Bennett (UVA). There are others. Coaches who bring in top 200/ top 100 talent, coach the guys up for four years and have success.

Randolph need to experience success with that model of recruiting and coaching. So far, his mentors have been a guy with minimal success at mid major schools and a former superstar who got his coaching training at a blueblood. Neither of these achieved success at Wake.

His teammate Josh Hall is about to join him. UNC, Duke, and NCSU all put together elite classes. We are so fucked for years.

Hall to NCSU. Concensus top-50 player. State with a top 5 class currently. We are completely irrelevant.

It's pretty clear that being shady (Keatts) or having a historically shady program (Louisville) is WAY better than just being shitty and irrelevant (Manning & Wake Forest).

It's time to jump head first into the hiring of Rick Pitino.

If and when a coaching change is made, the entire basketball staff needs to go. Leave no trace of anyone connected with Wake basketball in the past ten years.

Give Pop Chill a spot in the AD to shake hands and work rooms. If he wants it.

Hall to NCSU. Concensus top-50 player. State with a top 5 class currently. We are completely irrelevant.

Selected State over currently #2 ranked Louisville. I'm not sure Keatts is that good of a coach, but he landed a great class. Let's see what he does with it.

Meanwhile in WS...

3 of the 4 Tobacco Road teams with highly rated classes, and one without. What is wrong with the picture?

Give Pop Chill a spot in the AD to shake hands and work rooms. If he wants it.

This. He’s a super outgoing dude and can relate to people. Would do a good job in development working with Barry. He’s also loved by the Wake family and is a legend

This. He’s a super outgoing dude and can relate to people. Would do a good job in development working with Barry. He’s also loved by the Wake family and is a legend

That's what he was doing before he became an assistant coach.

If and when a coaching change is made, the entire basketball staff needs to go. Leave no trace of anyone connected with Wake basketball in the past ten years.

My point was that if we get our wish and DM is gone sooner rather than later, someone on staff takes over as acting coach, right? Your preference would be ??

My point was that if we get our wish and DM is gone sooner rather than later, someone on staff takes over as acting coach, right? Your preference would be ??

Whoever is the biggest asshole.

Who is they?

If you ran a Releigh radio station would you run an ad for the Big 4 ? Would you spend any time talking about Wake sports ?

Djimon Adventures leads his team to a loss in this clip playing against #1 2022 Guard from NC Jaden Bradley. Jaden outplayed him on both ends, to no one's surprise.

Djimon Adventures leads his team to a loss in this clip playing against #1 2022 Guard from NC Jaden Bradley. Jaden outplayed him on both ends, to no one's surprise.

Aaron Rountree soured me on the merits of any prospect from Greenfield

Working out pretty well for Coby White. Pretty sure he would have helped us.

I'm pretty sure that he was never really going to come to Wake. I'll modify my statement. The types of prospects that have recruited from small schools like Greenfield have soured me on the merits of any prospect from Greenfield or a school like Greenfield. Obviously, there are great prospects at small schools that don't really face any competition, but we aren't recruiting them.

Back