• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like how much range Taylor shows from 3. He seems to be a threat to shoot as soon as he crosses half court. I hope Forbes saves enough scholarships to bring in 4 of his own next season. Of the 2021 offers made so far, a nice 4 man class would be Whitt, Taylor, Eric van der Heijden, and John Butler. All have size, positional versatility on defense, and good offensive skill sets.

I like how much range Taylor shows from 3. He seems to be a threat to shoot as soon as he crosses half court. I hope Forbes saves enough scholarships to bring in 4 of his own next season. Of the 2021 offers made so far, a nice 4 man class would be Whitt, Taylor, Eric van der Heijden, and John Butler. All have size, positional versatility on defense, and good offensive skill sets.

Odds are strong that Forbes will have plenty of scholarships available for the 2021 HS class. Right now, WF has 5 scholarships available for 2021, and the transfer market is close to tapped out. Maybe, Forbes brings in one transfer or international player with more than 1 year of eligibility, but looks like if WF brings in anyone else for next season it will be a grad transfer with one season of eligibility (and would have no impact on the 2021 HS recruiting class).

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Carter Whitt and I hope he chooses us.

I think he'd be our Cade Carney of basketball. He's worked hard to improve, is strong, and plays up to competition.

https://youtu.be/WkKHK6jDZ_A

Last edited:
Mac McClung is entering the transfer portal.

He will be a hot target among ACC teams, from VA. His dad played football at VT.

Have to believe Rick Barnes has a shot as well. UT is a shorter drive from his home than is Blacksburg. The only problem is that Barnes doesn't currently have a scholly available. Neither do the Hokies.

McClung would be a great pick up. It would be some nice symmetry with the way the Odom era started since a Georgetown transfer really helped to get the program going back then. Forbes recruited him to ETSU so there is a prior relationship. There will be some major competition for him though, so it will be a real coup if Forbes pulls it off.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/mac-mcclung-nba-draft-predictions-01e4pdf90ya2

Last edited:
Does Mac have a sick aunt or granny near W-S? If not, we can only hope for a silly vote by mid-majors allowing a free transfer.

Does Mac have a sick aunt or granny near W-S? If not, we can only hope for a silly vote by mid-majors allowing a free transfer.

I don't think he comes here, but the kid is definitely transferring. Ewing pissed him off by announcing on a radio interview that he was returning to Georgetown while he was still going through Draft process.

I don't think so either. I was putting forth the only way we could get him.

McClung would be a great pick up. It would be some nice symmetry with the way the Odom era started since a Georgetown transfer really helped to get the program going back then. Forbes recruited him to ETSU so there is a prior relationship. There will be some major competition for him though, so it will be a real coup if Forbes pulls it off.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/mac-mcclung-nba-draft-predictions-01e4pdf90ya2

Man, he can get to the rim! I can’t imagine he’d be interest in a rebuild though.

He won’t play until 2021. Forbes has time to assemble a very good team around him by the time he would actually play. He just has to be able to see that vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back