• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically going to Michigan makes sense. It's the Big 10. Juwan Howard has about as many high level NBA ties as anyone in the country. However, when the season ended they were in ninth place and not going to The Dance which is Chaundee's #1 priority. Add to this, Michigan's leading scorer is a swing SG/SF who is returning. Their #4 scorer was a frosh SG. They also signed a Top 75 SG. It looks like Chaundee would have to share minutes there.

Lunardi had them as a 6 seed. They were #16 in KenPom with wins over Gonzaga and Creighton. There was no scenario where Michigan wasn't going to the tournament other than a pandemic coming to the US and having the tournament cancelled.

Once again, KemPom shows he's on drugs to put ninth place team in the B10 as #16 in the country.

Once again, KemPom shows he's on drugs to put ninth place team in the B10 as #16 in the country.

He doesn't "put" them anywhere RJ.

It's a formula that has Michigan as the 4th ranked team in the Big 10. They had 12 losses and all were to top 30 KP teams. They went 8-12 vs. top 30 teams and 11-0 vs everybody else in the nation.

Not gonna derail another thread with this, so it will be my only post on the matter.

It's a formula that has Michigan as the 4th ranked team in the Big 10. They had 12 losses and all were to top 30 KP teams. They went 8-12 vs. top 30 teams and 11-0 vs everybody else in the nation.

Not gonna derail another thread with this, so it will be my only post on the matter.

Michigan could have added another Top 30 win in the Big Ten Tournament as well - they were the 9th Seed playing 8th Seed Rutgers (Kenpom 28) before things got cancelled.

KenPom out here snorting lines and adjusting his algorithm to make it more pro-Michigan.

Brown is even less likely to get a waiver to play this year. He transferred before we fired our coach. Will likely be a 2 for 1 deal which may limit his options. I'm sure he'll argue that he knew Manning was getting canned....

I assumed his going was the last straw for Currie on finally having to pull the trigger on Manning.

Games aren't played by computers. They are played by humans being. Everyone still standing behind these MILLENNIAL kempon stat frauds like how Numbers and others kept defending the gibberish that there is NO such thing hot hands in basketball?

Brown is even less likely to get a waiver to play this year. He transferred before we fired our coach. Will likely be a 2 for 1 deal which may limit his options. I'm sure he'll argue that he knew Manning was getting canned....

This is where my 1% hope and idiotically bold prediction comes from. Him transferring makes no sense to me at all.

Either you are for us or against us. There is no middle ground. If Sarr and Brown choose to turn their backs on their teammates and their university in spite of the fact we exchanged a clearly incompetent coach for an extremely promising one then don’t let the door hit you. It’s not being petty. It’s reality.

Totally agree, as far as I'm concerned you can add Jamie Newman to the list as well.

Too bad the GAMES PLAYED had them in ninth place.

The scoreboard counts more than any computer.

Too bad the GAMES PLAYED had them in ninth place.

The scoreboard counts more than any computer.

Literally no one has argued otherwise. Of course KP doesn't replace conference standings. That said, it's absurd to suggest that conference standings are somehow very reliable in determing how good teams are in conference relative to each other when the conference schedules aren't even a round robin.

Your inability to understand math, along with the seamless melding of made-up fantasy and truth into your own "truth", take up entirely too much space on this board.

Last edited:
Mods, can y'all please just fix this RJ issue? Is there not one thread on here where we can be spared RJ's bullshit?

Guys. Stop trying to explain facts to RJ.
:(
giphy.gif

It takes two tango.

After tomorrow's vote, it could be the wild west in recruiting and transfers. I wonder if they will announce the vote tomorrow or take a couple of days.

Ask Tom Seaver if it was "real" that Tommy Hutton owned. Don't ask a orca-fat GEEK like Doofus who has NEVER played the game.

I put RJ on ignore a while back and I'm not going to lie, its been nice.

4th through 9th Place in the Big Ten were separated by one game with an unbalanced schedule.

Whelp, CB is headed to Michigan. Good luck to the guy. Still seems like a weird decision. Go Deacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back