• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get a commitment in July!

I'd like to see two- Butler and EVDH. Then get a PG in the fall and another big body.

Corey Evans of Rivals just gave McCray a futurecast to Florida.

Is Futurecast the vote or their version of crystal ball?

FL seemed like our top rival.

Yes it’s the crystal ball of Rivals from their experts.

Thanks...I'd love to know what the staff's wish list at PG is.

I'd also like to know how Tariq has recovered from his Achilles injury. Having a bruiser would help.

I’m not super high on McCray, so losing him to UF wouldn’t be a big deal IMO. Our ‘21 PG priorities have to be Whitt and Brizzi. I feel good about being able to get 1 of those 2, more so Whitt than Brizzi.

McCray is interesting due his size and quickness, but it seems to me (pure guesstimate) that Whitt and Brizzi are the top 2 targets.

Whitt/Brizzi/McCray are all takes if they want to commit. The staff seems to be signaling Whitt is their slight favorite, but any of the 3 would make them happy.

The competition isn't great, but he seems to have really good handles and court vision.

That's very possible. He does look more like a point forward than a power forward. I'm surprised neither St. Mary's nor Gonzaga have approached him. They seem to be in on a ton of Aussies/Kiwis.

That's very possible. He does look more like a point forward than a power forward. I'm surprised neither St. Mary's nor Gonzaga have approached him. They seem to be in on a ton of Aussies/Kiwis.

He may not have been there long. Sounds like an African name so he may have just gotten there (Australia) from Africa to improve his game and exposure.

BBall Recruiting Thread

I’d be excited for him. Is it accurate that Florida is his only other P5 offer?

According to his 247 and Rivals profiles, it appears so. His top 11 also only had 2 P5s included (Wake and UF).

If we were to snag McCray, I don’t see us targeting Whitt and Brizzi anymore. Getting 1 of those would bring us to 5 PGs (Neath, Williamson, Adams, McCray, and Whitt or Brizzi).

According to his 247 and Rivals profiles, it appears so. His top 11 also only had 2 P5s included (Wake and UF).

If we were to snag McCray, I don’t see us targeting Whitt and Brizzi anymore. Getting 1 of those would bring us to 5 PGs (Neath, Williamson, Adams, McCray, and Whitt or Brizzi).

Am hoping for McCray, Butler, Aminu and Whitt...That'd be a top-15 class and a long shot but a man can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back