• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that article was from before Forbes was hired thus the lack of a Wake mention.

Yeah, I think playing style will work against us as well. On the bright side, Forbes has loads of playing time to sell him.

“There’s definitely a chance (of reclassifying), but I’d say it’s a small chance I go 2020,” Wiznitzer said. “Just because I won’t commit anywhere without visiting since I have the option to go back to Hargrave. I’d say there’s still a small chance I could go 2020, but only if I’m able to visit and feel out the school and kind of the culture and the other guys on the team.” - https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-eying-rivals150-center-gabe-wiznitzer-for-2020-21

Well, if there is a P6 program with an uglier immediate past than us, it's probably Nebraska. 2-18 in conference and 7-25 overall last year. Yikes!

Last edited:
Personally, I am not convinced Johnson is an ACC level player but think he will come on board soon anyway

I would much rather take a one year flier on Johnson than a fringe P5 freshman to fill out the roster.

We are hard pressed to get to 13 scholarship players anyway, so may as well gamble as long as the staff doesn't think they will hurt team chemistry.

We will still need a ball handler and a banger...

Makale Foreman? And some international Big?

Obviously Mac McClung would be above Foreman but it just seems unlikely we get him. Also, unless he gets a waiver that doesn't help our immediate ball handling need. Maybe Forbes is confident the guards we have can handle the rock.

Personally, I am not convinced Johnson is an ACC level player but think he will come on board soon anyway

Jalen Johnson had his worst year ORtg and DRtg wise last year and would be 3rd and 1st respectively on Wake's team. He's not a world beater by any means but for a grad transfer who's not expected to start, saying he's not an ACC level player is... probably not the correct take here. *stares in Terrance Thompson*

The vote on Wednesday is going create havoc regardless of which side wins.

I would much rather take a one year flier on Johnson than a fringe P5 freshman to fill out the roster.

We are hard pressed to get to 13 scholarship players anyway, so may as well gamble as long as the staff doesn't think they will hurt team chemistry.

100% agree. One year loaners who can play immediately and help us get to a complete team that is a minimum viable product, if you will, make sense. Reaching on a current HS guy hurts if he doesn’t pan out. Let’s just field a full team for this year and let Forbes and staff go HAM on recruiting where we can lure the type of talent that we need to get back to a high level.

Some noise that if we land MacClung, there might not be a spot for Wilkins on the team. Not a really high chance of this, but still interesting.

Can someone identify the Jalen Johnson target being discussed. I know it's not the 5 star Duke signee, but there must be another with the exact same name and spelling. School, city, state?

Can someone identify the Jalen Johnson target being discussed. I know it's not the 5 star Duke signee, but there must be another with the exact same name and spelling. School, city, state?

Tennessse grad transfer, originally going to ETSU before Forbes’ hiring at Wake.

Tennessse grad transfer, originally going to ETSU before Forbes’ hiring at Wake.

From Durham, played HS for Keith Gatlin in HP at Wesleyan Christian. Same place as Jaylen Hoard and others. I'd be more than fine with him. I don't think the transfer rule will pass, so Wilkins will have to sit. Sarr isn't coming back. Chaundee would be in a pickle. We have 3 ships left and it sounds like Forbes wants a wing and a big with 2 of them. The 3rd should be the best available player we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back