• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BEER! WINE! THANKS, WELLMAN!

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
Important announcement from the Boss himself:

Dear Demon Deacons,

As loyal supporters of Wake Forest Athletics, I want you to be among the first to hear about an exciting announcement that will be made this afternoon. Beginning this season, beer and wine will be sold stadium-wide for football games at BB&T Field and for basketball games at the Coliseum.

After studying this matter the last two years as well as discussing it with our various constituencies and talking with other schools that do sell alcoholic beverages at their games, we believe that this added amenity will be received well by our fans.

Spectra Food Services, the concessionaire for BB&T Field and the Coliseum, will handle the sales. Beer will be available at all permanent concession stands as well as several new portable sales points and signature concept stands. Wine will also be available at select concession points. We will add additional security personnel and a wrist band will be required for purchases.

Wake Forest will become the first Division I institution in North Carolina to sell beer stadium-wide at football games. Several other ACC members already have beer sales while the ACC introduced alcohol sales at its football, basketball and baseball championships this past year. The NCAA Board of Governors amended its Association-wide policy barring alcohol sales at championship events beginning with the College World Series and the Women’s College World Series in 2016.

We are also considering adding alcohol sales at David F. Couch Ballpark for baseball, and at Spry Stadium for men’s and women’s soccer. We will keep you informed as more decisions are made on that front.

An exciting year is upon us, and I look forward to seeing you at BB&T Field on September 1st as the Demon Deacons kick off their season against Tulane.

Go Deacs!

http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=55ae8e8a9cfea2f4b595e18b6&id=424eeda6f4&e=16cdbcc750

Last edited:
stranger-things.1.2.2598000.35.gif

Hopefully won't have an effect on the halftime re-enter policy.

I hope they have some decent craft brew and not the typical Bud, Bud Light, Michelob, Shock Top combo.

At least throw some Foothills in.

Back