• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BEER! WINE! THANKS, WELLMAN!

Good news. The Facebook comments from the olds on the Wake Forest page are delusional thinking the place is going to turn into a drunken fest bar. Like one comment said, probably the same people telling others to sit down during big plays.

-They'll pour it in a plastic cup for you (no bottles or cans).
-There will be a limit as to how many you can purchase.
-It will stop after halftime or at the end of the third.

We'll likely go with a larger brand, and then cut a deal to sell a few Foothills beers. They'll probably be $7-$10 per.

they have to cut a deal with a distributor, not AB-InBev or MillerCoors.

I agree it'll be foothills and whatever big brand that also distributes foothills in WSNC

State law prohibits general sales by NCSU or UNC-CH (or any of the public schools).

Finally an advantage over the public schools.

Good news. The Facebook comments from the olds on the Wake Forest page are delusional thinking the place is going to turn into a drunken fest bar. Like one comment said, probably the same people telling others to sit down during big plays.

We'll likely go with a larger brand, and then cut a deal to sell a few Foothills beers. They'll probably be $7-$10 per.

Ugh. That will slow down the lines, plus I'm guessing the folks working the main concession areas won't be the best pourers. Just give me the damn open can.

beerfoam.jpg

Last edited:
What's been offered at the bar by the Hill, and how much does it cost?

The limit will be 2 per purchase, but there will not be an overall limit.
They will stop selling at the end of the third quarter.

Ugh. That will slow down the lines, plus I'm guessing the folks working the main concession areas won't be the best pourers. Just give me the damn open can.

beerfoam.jpg

At the Hoops Room, they have those pourers that fill from the bottom with the magnetic cups. Perhaps they will use those, which seem to speed up the process. Just don't poke your finger through the magnet at the bottom of the cup!

The wristbands you got for the Tavern had 4 or 5 tabs to pull off that you were supposed to turn in for each drink. I don't remember anything local. Big Domestics, Sweetwater and maybe like a Stella.

they have to cut a deal with a distributor, not AB-InBev or MillerCoors.

I agree it'll be foothills and whatever big brand that also distributes foothills in WSNC

Right - that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Count me in as one of the "old's" I guess. Smoking has been banned for years, but at least a couple of times a year, someone lights up in the stands. I suppose this will work, but you'll have to have more people watching to enforce the rules/general behaviors. I just don't trust Wake to implement this well.

Will there be deliveries to coaches on the sideline?

People disposed to get wasted for the game won't do it via stadium beer prices, they'll do it at their tailgate as always. This just adds a little sanity to the prior arrangement on the Hill by allowing the buyer to take his beer to his seat.

All the real drunks have been boozing at football games anyways. I had a chunk of season tickets with a fraternity brother and some his family from K-Vegas from 08-12 and I'd pass out two 10 packs of bourbon minis before each game. Two bottles per big coke/diet per half. Trust me we were WAY drunker than some schlub drinking 4-5 Stellas. No fights. No passing out in the stands. Although during the low scoring Clemson Thurs night game that we won I did verbally assault Lobo for 4 consecutive hours.

I also snuck in 8 Busch Lights in my jacket to the Navy game when Timmy D opened the gate. God I miss how much of joke Wake security was. Good times.

People seriously had any doubt that Rafi was in the AD?

People seriously had any doubt that Rafi was in the AD?

No, but his consistent denial of it is funny to me. That he seemingly outed himself on a thread about drinking at games just makes it even funnier.

FTR I don't think rafi is a member of the AD. Just think it's a funny boards meme.

No, but his consistent denial of it is funny to me. That he seemingly outed himself on a thread about drinking at games just makes it even funnier.

Yes, how in the world could I have ever obtained such highly classified info? Must be that I work for the AD, no other possibilities could even make sense! The density is high around here.

(I have a friend that was emailed the press release and a Q&A Word document earlier in the day yesterday. He told me about some of the details.)

Back