• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Before Jim Grobe. All you have to say.

How much money did we get annually from TV Contracts before 2001?

I'm pretty sure Jim Grobe was our coach in 2004.

Our crowds were headed that back way. When we are decent we get decent crowds.

The brick around the field was already there before 2006. Deacon Tower was in the plans before 2006 as well. We blew up the old press box like a week after the ACC Championship game.

The players are still warming up in that photo when have our fans ever packed the stands that long before kick off?

The brick around the field was already there before 2006. Deacon Tower was in the plans before 2006 as well. We blew up the old press box like a week after the ACC Championship game.

even if the plans were in the working for deacon tower, which i dont doubt they were, i just question whether they would have started the fundraising as soon as they did without the ACCCG win and the OB appearance, there is no way in hell they raise the money for it as fast as they did without said season and quarterback.

even if the plans were in the working for deacon tower, which i dont doubt they were, i just question whether they would have started the fundraising as soon as they did without the ACCCG win and the OB appearance, there is no way in hell they raise the money for it as fast as they did without said season and quarterback.
Well, yeah that season certainly helped. There were a lot of other upgrades in the works then as well including endzone seating in front of Bridger and tailgating improvements.

Well, yeah that season certainly helped. There were a lot of other upgrades in the works then as well including endzone seating in front of Bridger and tailgating improvements.

i actually e-mailed ron (back when he responded to them) after that UNC game where we brought in stands from the GGCC and broke the attendance record and i told him putting some permanent seating in front of bridger would help the stadium aesthetically and make bridger more of a commodity. he replied literally the next day saying he had been thinking the same and would speak to the fundraising board about procuring funds for that project. god, i forgot about that. how did he go from an AD who would respond to a 15 year old fan's e-mails to a smug lying sack of shit?

i actually e-mailed ron (back when he responded to them) after that UNC game where we brought in stands from the GGCC and broke the attendance record and i told him putting some permanent seating in front of bridger would help the stadium aesthetically and make bridger more of a commodity. he replied literally the next day saying he had been thinking the same and would speak to the fundraising board about procuring funds for that project. god, i forgot about that. how did he go from an AD who would respond to a 15 year old fan's e-mails to a smug lying sack of shit?

ncb_a_wellbzd_200.jpg

Damn, that photo brings tears to my eyes.....:eek:

...and they are not tears of joy.....

Attendance is down across the country, not just in Winston-Salem. The fact that we're not any good just compounds the problem.

Last edited:

Plans for Deacon Tower were announced prior to the 2006 Season. I remember going to a scrimmage that summer and walking up to the top of the stands where they were going to take away the seats.

Back