• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Being a wake fan............

childressfor3

Reaction score
is almost to much to handle. So tell me why do we do it to ourselves? Sad thing is ive been one for 30 years and I know it will never change. Wonder if wellman ever thinks of the little guy who sticks with the program through thick and thin, who is a townie who support his hometown team. JUST VENTING BUT SO TIRED OF THIS CRAP!!

It's hard, but I proudly wear it as a badge of honor, as opposed to all the bandwagon Garnet and Gold we saw today.

True, and something ive always taken pride in growing up around all the Carolina dook and state fans around Winston. But im at the point where I wonder whats in it for me.

I can maybe understand basketball because of all the hometown players, but I have no idea why a non-alum would follow our football program; That's some masochistic shit right there.

You guys are out of your damned minds.

If things are fixed, come back for the right reasons.

This Wake Forest is not the Wake Forest my family 'bleeds black and gold' for.

Supporting this abomination (the a.d., not the school) is counterproductive.

True, and something ive always taken pride in growing up around all the Carolina dook and state fans around Winston. But im at the point where I wonder whats in it for me.

The rare times we win back to back ACC hoops titles or a title in football. Unfortunately, in between those times is a lot of heartache.

Hey man im a deacon through and through and not a bandwagon dookie or tarhole.

I'm 52. I'm not the oldest guy on this board but I've paid my dues. And I was sitting in my season ticket seats for that fiasco today. I've got to rethink this thing.

It's tough. Always has been and probably always will be, but I will always be a Deac. I am 40 and have been attending games since 1979. It is part of who I am, for better or worse.

I'm 52. I'm not the oldest guy on this board but I've paid my dues. And I was sitting in my season ticket seats for that fiasco today. I've got to rethink this thing.

Same boat, different oar. We're heading in the same direction. Grobe has lost his magic. We had a glimpse for NCSU and Maryland, but I think it's gone.

Who am I kidding... I'll be sitting in the same seats next year. God help me I can't give up on football.

This is the first home game that I have chosen to miss in many, many years as a season ticket holder. Frankly, while I felt the misery watching on TV, I did not miss the agony of actually being there as it happened. Unless there are some radical changes which prove that we are committed to winning, I will be forced to rethink purchasing season tix. Not that anyone at in the athletic department really cares, however.

This is the first home game that I have chosen to miss in many, many years as a season ticket holder. Frankly, while I felt the misery watching on TV, I did not miss the agony of actually being there as it happened. Unless there are some radical changes which prove that we are committed to winning, I will be forced to rethink purchasing season tix. Not that anyone at in the athletic department really cares, however.

My group left as soon as it went to 28-0. I think it was the first game I've left early in six seasons and can't say I regretted it at all. It was just absolutely miserable. But I do echo DirkTheDeac's thoughts and will still be getting tickets again next year. Just win the tailgate.

I haven't regretted my decision not to get tickets this season a single time. I watched about three minutes of today's game, then went outside and worked in the yard getting up leaves. My time was definitely better spent that way.

The crowds are only going to get smaller until major changes are made.

It's tough. Always has been and probably always will be, but I will always be a Deac. I am 40 and have been attending games since 1979. It is part of who I am, for better or worse.

You can't be 40. You're only a few years older than m....oh my god.

My group left as soon as it went to 28-0. I think it was the first game I've left early in six seasons and can't say I regretted it at all. It was just absolutely miserable. But I do echo DirkTheDeac's thoughts and will still be getting tickets again next year. Just win the tailgate.

We left at 35-0. Dont think I will be buying tix next year either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I made a breakfast grinder with smoked sausage, pickled onions, gruyere cheese and fried eggs (sunny side up so the yolk would ooze into everything). Bloody Marys and we rocked the tailgate. I wish the Deacs could keep up.

I'm not LOWF but I'm very happy I was around for the 2006 season. I don't think it will happen again in my lifetime. But I love watching football games live. There is really nothing like it.

Don't forget the jello shooters for dessert! Grinder was awesome….!! Still weighing golf v wf football next year...

Back