• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Being a wake fan............

It is part of who I am. We just buried my father on Friday who was a QB under Peahead before separating his shoulder twice. As we were getting blasted by FSU, all I could think about is that I wish I could call my dad to talk about how pitiful the game was.

It is part of who I am. We just buried my father on Friday who was a QB under Peahead before separating his shoulder twice. As we were getting blasted by FSU, all I could think about is that I wish I could call my dad to talk about how pitiful the game was.

Thoughts and prayers Chris. My Dad and I always go to games together, he's almost 71 so with each passing year I think more and more about the day that will come when he won't be here to go with me. So, even like yesterday when we're getting pounded I cherish that time together.

So sorry for your loss, ChrisL68. Man, I can't even imagine what you are going through. Going to the games with my dad is something I cherish too. Means far more than the game itself. Praying for you during this difficult time.

Sorry to hear. Chris. We just walked this road with my MIL last month.

Sorry for your loss, Chris. I'll be he enjoyed the hell out of 2006.

Sorry for your loss, Chris. I'm sure he's in a better place.

Sorry for your loss, Chris. I'll be he enjoyed the hell out of 2006.

He was the first person I called from the stadium in Jacksonville.

"Dad, can you believe it? We are going to the Orange Bowl!"

"I don't believe it son!!!"

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Last edited:
Class of '86 here and I sat through the game at BB&T with my Class of '14 son. Misery loves company! :tard:

I haven't regretted my decision not to get tickets this season a single time. I watched about three minutes of today's game, then went outside and worked in the yard getting up leaves. My time was definitely better spent that way.

The crowds are only going to get smaller until major changes are made.

Exactly. I have had no regrets giving up my PSLs and tickets. If the AD doesn't care, why should I? I'd describe the current state of my fandom as mostly apathy.

Sorry for your loss. Some of my best memories are being at the games with my father. I wonder how much hell my dad would be raising if he were here now?

True, and something ive always taken pride in growing up around all the Carolina dook and state fans around Winston. But im at the point where I wonder whats in it for me.

How can you compare being a Wake fan and a State fan in the last 20 years? Wake's had such a better run it's not even close.

Sorry for your loss. Some of my best memories are being at the games with my father. I wonder how much hell my dad would be raising if he were here now?

I feel for you as well. think our dad is the main reason Stratt and I are doing all this. He believed in honesty and integrity. In some ways, I am thankful he isn't here with us to witness the Wellman con game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Im just like a lot of you, grew up going with my dad to all the bball games. Mainly bball which is my true love, buy when grobe got here it gave us all some hope which now looks like its over. I can take the losing in football but not In bball. Like I said my did not go to wake but I can think of any more loyal people than us. yes I talk to the old man about the games the good and bad, even though I wonder why sometimes I know I will never not support my hometown deacs. Hell im having a man cave built right now which is a dream of mine and I cant wait to put all my wake stuff in it. Just the way it is pulling for such a small school, always has been always will be, but what we have had to put up with the last 5 years in both revenue sport is unreal. I love grobe but im finally at the point where I know that everyone needs to go. It starts with wellman.

I played football at Wake, and as much as it pains me to say this, I hope we get the living hell beat out of us by Dook and Vandy if it helps bring about a change. I've gotten season tickets for years but not this year. And I considering dropping my Deacon Club membership after 22 years. I'm not supporting this garbage anymore with my dollars.

Haven't had bball season tickets in 4 years, and this is the first year since Grobe has been here that I didn't get football tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back