• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Being Gay at Jerry Fallwell's University

Was hoping for more from the encounter at the fridge...

that was an interesting account. thanks for posting.

what the heck was up with his relationship with his "non-gay" roommate?

LOL "bbd hearts jesus". Anonymous tagger, out yourself for pos rep.

Why did so many dudes just wander around naked? That's strange I feel like.

Great read though.

Three things:

1- That was an interesting read
2- He still acts as if homosexuality is a "sin". I respect that we live in a nation where anyone is free to believe anything but I can't accept a religion that teaches that. Weather it is its intention or not it leads people to hatred despite all the "love the sinner hate the sin" rhetoric.
3- I think he paints fundamentalist Christians with a very unrealistic paint brush. I have had plenty of dealings with them (hell...I was one before I learned to think for myself). They are absolutely not as open minded as he makes them. Sure, there are some that are more understanding but they are the exception...not the other way around. I question the legitimacy of the experiences he writes about. There is no doubt in my mind most of those people were trying to turn him straight. In other words, Gandhi would absolutely not like the people at Liberty University...nor would they like him very much.

Last edited:
Three things:

1- That was an interesting read
2- He still acts as if homosexuality is a "sin". I respect that we live in a nation where anyone is free to believe anything but I can't accept a religion that teaches that. Weather it is its intention or not it leads people to hatred despite all the "love the sinner hate the sin" rhetoric.
3- I think he paints fundamentalist Christians with a very unrealistic paint brush. I have had plenty of dealings with them (hell...I was one before I learned to think for myself). They are absolutely not as open minded as he makes them. Sure, there are some that are more understanding but they are the exception...not the other way around. I question the legitimacy of the experiences he writes about. There is no doubt in my mind most of those people were trying to turn him straight. In other words, Gandhi would absolutely not like the people at Liberty University...nor would they like him very much.

I agree, this article raised some eyebrows as to legitimacy IMO. I will say though that the fundamental Christians I know likewise hate the gays, but they've also never actually known one. If they knew this guy, their reactions may have been different.

I agree, this article raised some eyebrows as to legitimacy IMO. I will say though that the fundamental Christians I know likewise hate the gays, but they've also never actually known one. If they knew this guy, their reactions may have been different.

Especially if they knew him in the biblical sense. HeeeeyyOOO

Back