• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ben Carson

Maybe he'd pick the rancher from Nevada as his runningmate.

If he is, it's a total blowout. He's in the Adm. Stockdale, Sarah Palin level of horrific candidates.

Wrong again. I actually met the guy. I had him in one of my jury pools a couple of years ago. He said he couldn't sit because he had two pediatric neurosurgeries the next day. Geez, people will say ANYTHING to get out of jury duty.

So he's amazing as a surgeon. No one is disputing that. As a candidate, he's a total wacko-bird. It's scarier that a smart guy can be a crazy politically as he is.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/ben-carson-wins-2016-straw-poll-of-conservative-activists/

Ben Carson won a 2016 straw poll in Colorado. Seems really bizarre to me. Appears to be a pretty sharp split about Carson in conservative circles. One side believes supporting Carson would prove conservatives aren't racist and that Carson getting 17% of the Black vote would magically win the electoral college. The other side is paranoid and believes Carson is an evil Rove plant ala Herman Cain and Bachmann to split the conservative vote and pave the way for Jeb or Christie. That ignores the pesky facts that neither Cain nor Bachmann had any money, Cain dropped out in December, and Bachmann dropped out the day after finishing last in Iowa. Whole thing is nuts.

Really? I encounter people like that every single day.

Economist writeup by my boy Lex - http://www.economist.com/news/unite...ismatic-brain-surgeon-can-win-white-house-ben

Just caught this part and it made me laugh:

According to official filings, the recently-formed National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee (slogan: “Run Ben Run!”) raised $1.2m dollars in the last two months of 2013. The committee, which operates without sanction from Dr Carson, boasts that it has raised another $1.6m since. The committee’s co-founder, Vernon Robinson, makes an unblushing, race-based pitch.

It's incredible that Carson can be so brilliant in one aspect of his life and so totally clueless and batshit crazy in others.

At least he is not bat shit crazy at all things. The same cant be said of many people.

People are kidding themselves if they think that this successful surgeon would get one mention in the world of politics from conservatives if he wasn't black. I really think he is aware that everyone is trying to make him their see I have a black friend I can't be racist wave and riding it right into retirement.

Agreed. It's real easy to make money as a black conservative.

People are kidding themselves if they think that this successful surgeon would get one mention in the world of politics from conservatives if he wasn't black. I really think he is aware that everyone is trying to make him their see I have a black friend I can't be racist wave and riding it right into retirement.

I am trying to figure out how this is different than when Republicans said "the only reason Obama is President is because he is black". Sure, conservatives are attracted to a minority who does not sing the same tune but it is also true that there is not much that draws more ire from the left than a black man or woman that steps out of line.

I am trying to figure out how this is different than when Republicans said "the only reason Obama is President is because he is black". Sure, conservatives are attracted to a minority who does not sing the same tune but it is also true that there is not much that draws more ire from the left than a black man or woman that steps out of line.

Because Obama was elected, and Dr. Carson was selected. I'm not even going to touch your second sentence.

The last sentence of SND is one of the stupidest posts the board has ever seen.

Like most Tea Party things, I have no idea how they decided that Carson can win if he gets 17% of the Black vote. They never seem to get that swing states matter most and that 51% of Florida, Ohio, or Virginia is way more important than 90% of Utah, Wyoming, and Oklahoma. The states with the highest percentage of Blacks are mainly in the South and are nowhere near swing states.

Not familiar with that thread.

A fairly well known poster called Clarance Thomas "Uncle Thomas" and claimed it was not racist because "Uncle Thomas" is not the same thing as "Uncle Tom".

A fairly well known poster called Clarance Thomas "Uncle Thomas" and claimed it was not racist because "Uncle Thomas" is not the same thing as "Uncle Tom".

That's a bit of a stretch on their part.

if this forum full of crazies had an election and rj ran, he would still lose.

Back