• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ben Howland fired

cm-50246-1511d556a51b9c.jpeg

obligatory.

Considering the past, UCLA is more likely to hire [Redacted] than we are to hire Howland. Just looking at [Redacted]'s career progression, an elite program is bound to pick him up soon.

UCLA's needs a culture change. They don't even know how old their players are! Who knew Ben Howland was running a Chinese gymnastics team?

Thank God we've moved on the Enfield already. That'll lessen the meltdown when we miss out on another coach.

An AD takes action when a coach simply doesn't get it done? Who woulda thunk it!

Gottfried's son is a rising high school senior in Raleigh whose team just lost in the state title basketball game. Even if UCLA wanted him, which would be pretty bizarre, this would not be a great time for Gott to jump ship unless he's planning to leave his family behind for a year.

If the source that Howland has been fired is also the source that Gottfried is even on a list 200 candidates, then someone is getting punked.

So, our board source had bad sources? I thought Howland was sticking around?

So, our board source had bad sources? I thought Howland was sticking around?

I didn't say "source" about Howland.

In fact these are my exact words, "UCLA isn't firing Howland unless they get embarrassed in the first round. Even then it's only about 1/4 chance."

They did get embarrassed in 1st Round and there are competing stories....sounds like what I opined....but don't let the facts get in your way Strickland.

Sort of weak move on UCLA's part if it goes down. I live in LA and there has been speculation all year especially with Walton shitting on Howland every game he announced. The new arena is sweet yet it was half full. However, Howland turned the team around and had Jordan Adams not gotten hurt they had a real chance to win the Pac tourney and probably beat Minnesota. I like Howland. Dude went to three straight final fours. Had a few bad years because--shocker--a few recruits were dirtbags, but his squad now seemed like good kids. The difference here is that public pressure from alums and the community don't go unheard…of course, we're talking much more tradition and bigger market...

Back