• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bernie Sanders - What will he do?

hillary won't be pushing his agenda once she's elected

Not naturally, no. But because he's proven to be a force, I can see Hillary sitting down with him and Warren and giving in on some issues, like appointing an AG who is big on economic justice and prosecuting Wall Street and a tax policy that places a larger burden on higher income folks. Maybe a compromise trade rep and a Labor secretary that they like. And as I said, the coup would be to put Warren on the ticket. That would galvanize populist Dems to stay energized and to stay with the Dem ticket. And while I hate presidential debates, I'd certainly tune in to watch Warren debate Christie or Palin.

It isn't like Clinton is ideologically against many things that Sanders supports. She was pushing for universal health care 20 years ago. There wasn't the votes then just like there aren't the votes now.

All of this. Bernie is not going to attack Hillary on anything outside of debate topics, and he will definitely give her public support if/when she gets the nom. Bernie cares more about the issue than winning, and Hillary is pushing 99% of his agenda already. That is why Bernie would be the best president.

lol no

She won't be substantively anything. Hillary is amoral.....she has no core values regarding any policy area.

says the guy rallying for trump. dude's morality extends from his ego to the holy dollar sign.

says the guy rallying for trump. dude's morality extends from his ego to the holy dollar sign.

I'm not voting for Trump. I'm voting against Hillary. If you eliminate Hillary from the equation, you eliminate my vote for Trump.

Hillary was instrumental in giving us years 5 thru 8 of Bush/Cheney. That alone is reason enough to never vote for her.

I disagree with you based on every debate and townhall for the past few months.

when she pushes for legislation for campaign finance reform, holds the big banks accountable, or generally does anything to limit the power of her moneyed stakeholders i'll change my tune. in the meantime i'll take heart in her stances on pretty much everything else compared to the alternative.

Is she as liberal as Bernie Sanders? No. Hardly anybody else is either which is why he hardly ever gets anything he proposes passed through congress.

Just stay in until March 15 so I can vote for him in the primary here in NC. K,thx.bye.

Is she as liberal as Bernie Sanders? No. Hardly anybody else is either which is why he hardly ever gets anything he proposes passed through congress.

so you're saying she won''t push through 99% of his agenda?

Just stay in until March 15 so I can vote for him in the primary here in NC. K,thx.bye.

yeah, i'm hoping he stays until june so i can vote for him in the cali primary. would love to see how he does here.

All of this. Bernie is not going to attack Hillary on anything outside of debate topics, and he will definitely give her public support if/when she gets the nom. Bernie cares more about the issue than winning, and Hillary is pushing 99% of his agenda already. That is why Bernie would be the best president.

You're misquoting me. I said she is pushing it, as in running on it.

i guess i misread that. the "cares more about the issue [sic] than winning" ahead of it led me to believe you were saying that hillary would be enacting 99% of his agenda.

i guess i misread that. the "cares more about the issue [sic] than winning" ahead of it led me to believe you were saying that hillary would be enacting 99% of his agenda.
Bernie wouldn't even be enacting 50% of his agenda, but Im happy that he is pulling her left in the race, so her platform is more progessive than it would have been without his competition.

attempting to enact is what i was referring to. i share your sentiment regarding her moving left in the primary, and my hope is that with trump's so-called populism she'll be able to continue it in a national election. i'll be interested to see if we're treated with her plans to address stagnant wages and growth in inequality with drumph's in the presidential debates. i'd hope that provides popular support with ACTUALLY addressing it, but i won't hold my breath.

Co0vering the Bernie event in Charlotte this afternoon. A report so far....the spring smell of the stinko trees is outdoing the smell of the patchouli, but it is a close race. Bernie show is around 430. Large crowd at the PNC music place...filling in nicely, will make for good pictures.

Think the polls were 56-37 according to PPP this morning.

Guessing Bernie closes that a bit, but still expecting a Clinton win. 53-47 maybe.

Back