• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bernie Would Have Won

Thanks DNC

Thanks cville

Thanks ChrisL

Thanks any centrist who prefers centrist purity to fascim

Thanks, Bernie Bros, who either stayed away because they are whiny lil bitches or are so moonz-deranged that they switched from Bernie to Trump.

Thanks, Bernie Bros, who either stayed away because they are whiny lil bitches or are so moonz-deranged that they switched from Bernie to Trump.

Moonz, BKF, and BSF. Small sample size, but it is indicative.

Yeah, I didn't vote in the primary for the 1st time in my life because I hated both Hillary and Bernie. I hold my nose and vote for Hillary in the Fall, and VA went for Hillary. And I'm responsible for Trump being president. Makes perfect logical sense.

While I obviously agree with the OP, every day I become more and more convinced that Trump is the president that we deserve. Most of the things he's been accused/caught doing have been happening in the shadows for decades.

Conflict of interests
Misogyny
Profiting from political actions
Foreign interference/bribery

None of those things are new to the American political system. Recent presidents from both parties have been complicit in all those actions.

There is no more accurate portrait of our current political system than Donald J. Trump.

While I obviously agree with the OP, every day I become more and more convinced that Trump is the president that we deserve. Most of the things he's been accused/caught doing have been happening in the shadows for decades.

Conflict of interests
Misogyny
Profiting from political actions
Foreign interference/bribery

None of those things are new to the American political system. Recent presidents from both parties have been complicit in all those actions.

There is no more accurate portrait of our current political system than Donald J. Trump.

In that case, there was no genuine choice this past November.

Jesus Townie, too many PBRs at the Philly Antifa chapter meeting?

In that case, there was no genuine choice this past November.

If those 4 things were the only things that the presidency had any influence on maybe you'd be right, but I bet that if we'd chosen the other profiteering, foreign influenced, misogynistic (Hillary, really?) candidate we'd still be making some, albeit limited, progress on Climate Change, the EPA would not be run by Pruitt, the endangered species act would not be at risk of repeal, etc., etc., etc.

bernie bros think that because centrists in the UK realized Brexit was dumb and changed their minds that somehow means bernie would've won in the general. a better read would be that this result might mean that wafflers during the general who voted for Trump b/c "why not? i hate hillary and maybe we need a change" regret their decision and hand Dems victories in 18 and 20

Well the Russians certainly would've preferred him so there is that.

I like Bernie and would have happily voted for him, and maybe he would have won because I and most other reasonable people would not have been like whiny little Bernie Bitch Bros who took their undropped balls and manbuns and went home or voted for Trump out of spite.

I like Bernie and would have happily voted for him, and maybe he would have won because I and most other reasonable people would not have been like whiny little Bernie Bitch Bros who took their undropped balls and manbuns and went home or voted for Trump out of spite.

DNC is corrupt

The narrative of the scorned Bernie Bro who voted for Trump, leading to a Trump victory, is just wrong. Trump won because millions of people who voted for Obama stayed home on election day.

a better read would be that this result might mean that wafflers during the general who voted for Trump b/c "why not? i hate hillary and maybe we need a change" regret their decision and hand Dems victories in 18 and 20

Voting for Bernie wouldn't have equaled change?

Though there are a lot of stupid people in this country who only look at party identification. Specifically, the president's. I've come to learn that Obama was solely in charge all eight of those years

Back