• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best 80s Rock Radio Band

Which is the greatest 80s band of all-time?!

• Warrant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Supply

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Great White

• Poison

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A Flock of Seagulls

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Winger

• Stryper

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Starship

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Frankie Goes to Hollywood

• Total voters
I'll say this about Warrant. Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of the best songs of that genre. Really a kickass tune. I Saw Red is pretty good for a power ballad too. Cherry Pie is obviously shit.

But Warrant doesn't sniff Dokken's jock.

I saw Mickey Thomas at a festival like 8-10 years ago. I think it was as "Mickey Thomas's Starship" or some crap. Even though it was billed as Starship, he still did Fooled Around and Fell In Love and the dude could still hit those notes.
How did I miss "Rockin with Dokken?"

How did I miss "Rockin with Dokken?"

Yeah, too many short time span bands on here like Flock of Seagulls, Winger, and Frankie. Dokken had some longevity and a good little run in the 80s.

Duran Duran is an oversight as well, but the only reason I thought of them is because my cousin's 2 favorite bands in 1983 were Air Supply and Duran Duran. We thought there was a decent chance that he would not turn out hetero, but he did.

Duran Duran is legit good. They don’t belong in a Molly list.

Duran Duran is legit good. They don’t belong in a Molly list.

I always remember the Pop Up Video for Hungry Like the Wolf on VH1 where it was revealed that:

mako's mom came into the studio in a bathrobe and recorded the moaning at the end of the song in one take.

Back