• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Airline Rewards Credit Cards

needing a new Visa for the wife. Any rec's? currently have Alaskan for the companion pass and Costco and could have her sign up for one of those but dont know if there are better out there.

I'm waiting on the AMEX Resy offer for this year, which should be 125,000 bonus + 10x on dining for first 6 months

I've considered ditching the CSR for the Amex Platinum, but I just really like almost everything about Chase, and I bank there.

My wife has the Freedom and another free Chase card I forget and transfers me all of her points so we can redeem at 150% with the CSR. Always wonder if they'll stop allowing that someday.

Yeah I've been doing the chase stack for forever. Not sure that it's the absolute most optimal setup, but it's clearly still pretty good and I can't imagine switching to anything else would benefit me enough to be worth the hassle.

Yeah that's a good stack. The only reason I broke off was to get the AMEX Gold signup bonus. Now I have like 500k AMEX points and should move that up to 650k after doing the Plat bonus later this year. I think its been close to 3-4 years since I took the Chase bonus so after my year is up with the Plat, I think I can move back to Chase.

"Chase Sapphire-branded cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can only earn a welcome bonus once every 48 months."

Also, friendly reminder to hop into the live chat feature in your app or website and ask for a retention offer. You don't have to pretend to cancel or any bs. Simply say "I am considering my options moving forward, is there currently a retention offer on my account?"

Should result in a statement credit or around 20,000-30,000 points. Risk free, no reason not to check quarterly.

i like that my chase freedom points can roll into sapphire points so i can move all my sapphire points to freedom then back to sapphire so i can get the sign up bonus and keep accruing

ya dig?

I got an offer for 150k Amex points but does require $8k spend in 6 months. Kind of tempting.

I got an offer for 150k Amex points but does require $8k spend in 6 months. Kind of tempting.

Yeah I got that a few weeks back and honestly might take it. I put damn near everything on our credit card, so can hit that in a few months. I wanted the 125k + 10x at restaurants for 6 months which means we would need to spend $416 a month eating out (would be pushing it, but I think they count a lot of things more than just restaurants) to make up the difference but I'm kinda tired of waiting for it to come back.

Just pulled the trigger on Amex Plat!

Got 175k points (!!!!) for 8k spend in 6 months. Never seen it that high before.

what's the annual fee?

and are amex points only through the amex platform or can they transfer out to partners?

what's the annual fee?

and are amex points only through the amex platform or can they transfer out to partners?

$695, that part sucks.

You can transfer to partners. That's how I book all my flights. I also am due to renew Global entry so I will be able to use that statement credit to offset part of the $695 fee. We have a trip to Italy this summer so I can use the $200 hotel credit in Rome and the $200 Airline credit on our flights.

So it made a lot of sense for me to do it now.

Seeing a lot of ads from the credit card lobby asking people to push back on fee cap legislation, tying it to rewards programs

$695, that part sucks.

You can transfer to partners. That's how I book all my flights. I also am due to renew Global entry so I will be able to use that statement credit to offset part of the $695 fee. We have a trip to Italy this summer so I can use the $200 hotel credit in Rome and the $200 Airline credit on our flights.

So it made a lot of sense for me to do it now.
New to this. We've been using a United mileageplus explorer card for years without much thought. How did you get a 175k offer when all I see online is an 80k offer?

Back