• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Basketball Recruiters (NWT)

Thought the Travis Ford as "Overrated" recruiter was interesting. Who actually thinks he's any good? Oklahoma State picks up a big time recruit every once in a while, but their classes have generally sucked ever since Ford got there.

That was interesting, thanks for posting. It looks like coaches thinks Gottfried's recruiting is overrated for pulling in 2 Raleigh studs. I guess we'll see what happens with Jefferson and the future.

That was interesting, thanks for posting. It looks like coaches thinks Gottfried's recruiting is overrated for pulling in 2 Raleigh studs. I guess we'll see what happens with Jefferson and the future.

It has got to be based more on his track record at Alabama. There's pretty much nothing negative to say about his performance at State so far.

Dave Telep compared Gottfried to Skip today in the Charlotte Observer for immediately establishing a recruiting presence in NC.

Really? I don't think his Alabama stuff is very relevant right now for Gottfried to be the 3rd highest response for overrated recruiter from peer coaches.

I'm saying if he didn't pull in that class at State I highly doubt he'd be on the list.

We were discussing this on our board. Man comes in to a tough scenario and quickly signs a Top 10 (if not 5) recruiting class, is not done, and is overrated.

Hell, what does overrated mean then?

I think it's definitely a top 5 class. I agree, I'm not saying he is overrated... I'm just trying to rationalize the responses.

Really? I don't think his Alabama stuff is very relevant right now for Gottfried to be the 3rd highest response for overrated recruiter from peer coaches.

I'm saying if he didn't pull in that class at State I highly doubt he'd be on the list.

Yea, seems like a bunch of butthurt coaches to me. Gottfried has always been a great recruiter but a meh game coach. To say he is overrated as a recruiter is just a bunch of coaches trying to cool his momentum.

Yea, seems like a bunch of butthurt coaches to me. Gottfried has always been a great recruiter but a meh game coach. To say he is overrated as a recruiter is just a bunch of coaches trying to cool his momentum.

Sounds like butthurt NC State fans on this thread to me.

Sounds like butthurt NC State fans on this thread to me.

Please explain how he is overrated as a recruiter then, after brining in a consensus top 3-5 class with the media completely trashing NC State the entire time during the coaching search. It's a ridiculous statement and saying otherwise doesn't make much sense.

I mean, this is not a difficult concept to grasp, whether you agree with the assessment or not.

Person A: Oklahoma State is an overrated football team.
Person B: How can they be overrated when they are ranked #2! What a ridiculous statement, you are clearly out to get Oklahoma State!

Please explain how he is overrated as a recruiter then, after brining in a consensus top 3-5 class with the media completely trashing NC State the entire time during the coaching search. It's a ridiculous statement and saying otherwise doesn't make much sense.

Maybe they don't think as much of the players as the recruiting gurus.

Not taking anything away from Gottfried. But didnt Tyler Lewis commit to Sidney Lowe? And then Gottfried secured him? I've heard he is a big reason why recruits want to play there.

Not taking anything away from Gottfried. But didnt Tyler Lewis commit to Sidney Lowe? And then Gottfried secured him? I've heard he is a big reason why recruits want to play there.

Yep thats correct.

Everyone is always out to get the unbelievably irrelevant NC State for some reason.

Back