• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Beer States

deacphan

Reaction score
Inspired by skins' thread about CO beer. What are your top beer states? Off the top of my head I'll go CO, OR, and CA. PA is pretty good, and so is MI. I'm probs biased because I prefer good IPAs to good stouts, though.

NC is in the top 5. I would definitely agree with CO and CA. Not sure I have had many OR brews, but I hear good things.

nc is up there. hard to put it over the ones i listed personally. maybe over pa. what would folks say is the best nc brewery?

Sorry guys, but the west coast is where it's at. My favorites are Oregon, Colorado, California … probably in that order.

I'd probs agree with your top 3-4, but I will say that DC, while not a state, has been killin' it ever since they changed the regs about beer being brewed here. DC Brau, 3 Stars, Bluejacket, all great. Out in the burbs we got Port City and Flying Dog too.

I think Cali has to be #1, and I'd follow that with OR.

Mother Earth is also great as is Duck Rabbit.

What are the top Oregon beers that are widely available around here?

The best ones aren't widely available. Gotta go to a specialty beer store for them

Best one you can find at a grocery store in the southeast is Rogue.

Best you can find at a specialty beer store in the Southeast is probably Deschutes

personally i think rogue>deschutes but both are great.

personally i think rogue>deschutes but both are great.

Do you get any Boneyard (from Bend, OR) in SF? If you see it you should give it a try. They make some world-class stuff, but it is extremely difficult to find outside of the pacific NW. The Suge Knight Imperial Stout is the best beer I've ever had.

Michigan is likely a top 5 just with Bells, Founders and Jolly Pumpkin - Founders possibly my favorite beers overall.

Top 6, in some order, California, Oregon, Colorado, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania. Cali is likely #1 - Russian River, Bruery, 21st, Firestone Walker and Lagunitas just off the top of my head.

Maryland, NC, Florida are in the next tier. Probably some I am missing.

Back