• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best College Basketball Game You Attended

1995 at the Dean Dome. Rutland to Scooter for the alley oop at the end of the game.
Duncan: 25 and 12
Rasheeeed: 4 and 7

the win over UNC in 2005 was probably my favorite, just b/c of the camp-out the night before and all the build up, skip bringing the pizza, etc.

Disclaimer: I am in the bag for all things Rodney Rogers, to the point of not being rational.

Of the ones not already mentioned, let me offer 1993 vs Dook in Durham.

Rogers, playing in his last college game in his hometown: 14-16 FG, 7-8 FT, 35 pts, 8 reb, 3 asst, 2 bl, 2 stls. Blucas hits the big time behing the line. Rodney dunks one from underneath that's the most powerful move I've ever seen him make.

1. MD Duke '02 (I've never seen a crowd erupt like it did when Steve Blake stole the ball and made the layup at the end of the half)
2. Wake Duke '09 (end of game layup)
3. Wake UNC '09 (so much offense)
4. Wake @ Clemson '09 (launched us to #1 spot)

I'll take Wake over Carolina in 2009. (Started going to Wake games in the winter of 2008). Wake won 92-89 and Teague played 39 minutes, had 34 points on just 17 shots and had 3 3's. He was sensational and that crowd was electric.

UNC at Wake in '05. It was my first game after coming back from Ireland and having lived with a Duke student that fall.

biggest game to ever come to the joel, WFU (3) v UNC (4) in '05...dogged them by over 10 pts, left early and missed traffic, won 50 bux. good game.

Wake/UNC 2005. Joel was rocking and we pretty much destroyed the eventual National Champs. The atmosphere was incredible.

I'll take Wake over Carolina in 2009. (Started going to Wake games in the winter of 2008). Wake won 92-89 and Teague played 39 minutes, had 34 points on just 17 shots and had 3 3's. He was sensational and that crowd was electric.

i'm pretty sure that at least one of those threes was a fast break 3

It wasn't nearly the best, but the most significant game I ever attended was the UNC/VA ACC finals in 82???? where UNC held the ball for 15 minutes in the 2nd half. Impetus for shot clock.

'96 ACCT Championship
'05 Wake-UNC
'09 Wake-UNC

Honorable Mention:
'03 Wake-Duke 2OT

1992 game at home against Dook. I loved watching Hurley and Laettner walk off the court as losers while the students stormed the court.

2004 #1 Wake v. #17 Zona at the Garden is a very underrated game. Wake wins 63-60 to take home Preseason NIT title. Great game. Also, we were able to catch Wake/UMD football on the way home (not as fun a game).

95 ACCT Championship game, but the 09 win over UNC at the Joel was an awesome recent memory.

Wake's all time high scoring game Jan. 22, 1975. Wake scored 122 points. The record still stands.

Chill's teardrop in the lane in OT to win the ACCT in Greensboro.

The 77 game in the GSO Coliseum between Wake and UNC-C.

I was at this game as well. Others have been mentioned like the 3OT game at UNC and the 1995 ACC championship. One non Wake game I attended that was memorable was Duke beating UNLV in the Final Four in Indianapolis.

Back